JFK Motorcade Route

JFK Assassination
Dealey Joe

JFK Motorcade Route

Post by Dealey Joe »

I am sure this has been discussed here a hundred times but Iwould like to know 1. When was the route change?.2. What was the original route?3. how much different from the actual route?
Phil Dragoo

Route chatter

Post by Phil Dragoo »

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/03/VP/03- ... eAccording to Horne V, Jerry Bruno, JFK advance man, and Jerry Behn, Secret Service White House chief, lost to John Connally (as Lyndon's Boy John) in the choice of luncheon venue being Trade Mart, which dictated the route.Route selected over Industrial as factories not thought "appropriate".November 21 in Houston was the Congressman Al "Wink" Thomas ceremonial dinner, a must-attend as far back as April when LBJ announced JFK would be at a luncheon in Dallas.With all of that nailed down like cheap carpet it's clear the teams had a long lead-time.It may have been the June American Universtity speech and test ban, or it may have been NSAM 263 in October that were the final turn-key switch.The history of the Depository and Byrd's setting it up and taking it down should be considered.And the floor project on the upper floors established a security team (see Richard Gilbride's Great Elevator Escape Theory). http://reopenkennedycase.weebly.com/gilbride.htmlExtra credit: What's different about the Tampa motorcade on the 18th?
Bob

Re: Route chatter

Post by Bob »

Phil Dragoo wrote:http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/03/VP/03- ... eAccording to Horne V, Jerry Bruno, JFK advance man, and Jerry Behn, Secret Service White House chief, lost to John Connally (as Lyndon's Boy John) in the choice of luncheon venue being Trade Mart, which dictated the route.Route selected over Industrial as factories not thought "appropriate".November 21 in Houston was the Congressman Al "Wink" Thomas ceremonial dinner, a must-attend as far back as April when LBJ announced JFK would be at a luncheon in Dallas.With all of that nailed down like cheap carpet it's clear the teams had a long lead-time.It may have been the June American Universtity speech and test ban, or it may have been NSAM 263 in October that were the final turn-key switch.The history of the Depository and Byrd's setting it up and taking it down should be considered.And the floor project on the upper floors established a security team (see Richard Gilbride's Great Elevator Escape Theory). http://reopenkennedycase.weebly.com/gilbride.htmlExtra credit: What's different about the Tampa motorcade on the 18th?Extra credit: What's different about the Tampa motorcade on the 18th?There were no Secret Service men on the rear bumpers in the Dallas motorcade, as they were waved off by Emory Roberts at Love Field. There was also a jump seat between JFK and the driver in Dallas, which contained John Connally and his wife. Those are just two major differences between the photo from Tampa, compared to what happened in Dallas. There were many other differences as well, as Presidential security protocol was broken in every way imaginable in Dallas. Just ask Emory Roberts, Bill Greer and Roy Kellerman among others.
Dealey Joe

Re: JFK Motorcade Route

Post by Dealey Joe »

What I want to know is what was changed in order for the motorcade to pass the TSBD
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

If you look closely, I'll think that you'll find that there is a third Schutzstaffel officer in the front seat in Tampa as per normal protocol, but no middleman was there in Dallas, to allow a straight-on frontal shot if the opportunity arose.Doug Weldon has had a lot to say about this
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

If that car came down elm street just as that picture showsit would not have made any difference to James Files ability to pick him off.Sitting Duck!Even guys along side would not have made difference.The sniper has the advantage.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

JFK Assassination Secret Service -Agents Ordered Off Limo???:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q6Z_njS ... re=related
bob franklin

Post by bob franklin »

Joe, the motorcade was originally to proceed along Main, without deviation, as per the diagram on the 11/22/63 edition of the Dallas Morning News. According to Jim Garrison, the original printing shows the parade route, whereas the version contained in the Warren Report shows a square of solid gray where the diagram was. the gray square takes up 5/6 of the front page (On The Trail Of The Assassins, p.117 - 119).I wouldn't be surprised if the conspirators hadn't replaced the gray square in the report with the diagram/the diagram in the original edition of the paper since the publication of Mr. Garrison's book. Be a great thing for someone residing in the Dallas area to check into...
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

I thought I had heard that the change was the two 90 degree turns on Main and Elm to go by the TSBDActually in order to get onto Stemmons north toward the Trade Mart being on Elm St.would have been necessary as there is no way to get on Stemmons off of Main St.
Michael Dell

Post by Michael Dell »

Dealey Joe wrote:If that car came down elm street just as that picture showsit would not have made any difference to James Files ability to pick him off.Sitting Duck!Even guys along side would not have made difference.The sniper has the advantage.Yeah, but I think the fact the rear security was taken down proves the kill shot was meant to come from behind, specifically from the Dal/Tex building in my opinion.