JFK'S CUBAN MISSLE COVER UP:

JFK Assassination
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

POINT 3: JFK'S CUBAN MISSLE COVER UP:

After JFK'S assassination RFK rushed back to bury the secrets. One of them was JFK'S Cuban Missle Cover Up.

"The vice president also did not know that Jack Kennedy's acclaimed triumph in the Cuban missle crisiss of October 1962 was far from a victory. The world would emerge from fearful days of pending nuclear holocaust and be told that the president had stood firm before a Soviet threat and forced Premier Nikita Krushchev to back down. Little of this was true, as Bobby Kennedy knew. Knowing that their political futures were at stake, the brothers had been forced to negotiate a secret last minute compromise with the Soviets. The real settlement - and the true import of the missle crisis - remained a state secret for more than twenty-five years."

The Dark Side of Camelot, semour M. Hersh, p. 3.

Respectfully,
Bruce Patrick Brychek.
Tim Carroll

JFK's Secret Deal to Resolve The Missile Crisis

Post by Tim Carroll »

Bruce Patrick Brychek wrote:After JFK'S assassination RFK rushed back to bury the secrets. One of them was JFK'S Cuban Missle Cover Up.
There were two major events during Kennedy's presidency that might have led men who considered themselves honorable to take action against JFK. Those two events are the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile Crisis. The particular aspect of the Cuban Missile Crisis that otherwise-honorable men may have felt required Kennedy's assassination was his Secret Deal to resolve the Crisis, which some would have considered treason.

Despite their post-World War II expansionism, the Soviets had never based nuclear weapons beyond their own borders, whereas the Americans had placed nuclear weapons all along the periphery of the communist world. Particularly egregious to the Soviets had been the Eisenhower administration’s treaty with Turkey, establishing an agreement to base Jupiter missiles there, right along the Soviet border. Politically, these missiles helped solidify Turkey as part of NATO, but militarily they represented an offensive, first-strike capability on the part of the United States against the Soviet Union. Khrushchev’s concern about the American impetus toward such a first-strike capability was reflected in a remark he made to then-Vice President Richard Nixon, “If you intend to make war on us, I understand; if not, why [do this]? The U.S. could hardly have done a better job of provoking the historical Russian fear of attack.

A still-debated issue is whether the U.S. deployment to Turkey was a Kennedy or Eisenhower policy. In the midst of the Crisis, the Soviets claimed they had placed missiles in Cuba in response to the United States deployment of Jupiter missiles in Turkey. Kennedy’s aides have recounted the President’s exasperation that the Jupiters were still there, despite his repeated requests that they be removed. Ken O’Donnell reported the President as saying, “Just to set the record straight, will you find out when was the last time I asked to have those damned missiles taken out of Turkey? Not the first five times I asked for their removal, just the date of the last time.â€
Bob

Post by Bob »

Compare tthe Cuban Missile Crisis and the leadership that avoided that nuclear disaster to the ass clown/court jester that calls himself President today. After the debacle in Iraq. After the treasonous events on 9/11. We now have this tough talking pussy talking about nuking Iran. Armageddon may just be coming with this idiot. Again, had Bu$h been President in 1962, a lot of us would not be here today.
Tim Carroll

Comparison

Post by Tim Carroll »

Bob wrote:Compare tthe Cuban Missile Crisis and the leadership that avoided that nuclear disaster to the ass clown/court jester that calls himself President today. After the debacle in Iraq. After the treasonous events on 9/11. We now have this tough talking pussy talking about nuking Iran. Armageddon may just be coming with this idiot. Again, had Bu$h been President in 1962, a lot of us would not be here today.
I couldn't agree more. It was only Kennedy's ability to live and think outside the box that allowed for a solution to a Crisis that was the culmination of years of military industrial investment. Eisenhower's benefactors had been planning on a preemptive war all along. That's why the provocative Jupiter missiles were based on the Soviet border in the first place. That's why Kennedy had not managed to have them dismantled before they could be used as a bargaining chip, despite them being obsolete.

I would hope that those who huff and puff about what a terrible person JFK was, might notice that history doesn't have to be like politics, one side against the other. I'm proud of what I wrote about the Missile Crisis, believe that it reveals secrets, vulnerabilities and deceptions, and consider it a fair rendition of a complicated and meaningful event in the history of Mankind.

Tim
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Dear Mr. Wim Dankbaar, and Fellow JFK Forum Members,

After considerable research, and despite a few comments to the contrary,
the Cover Up of the Cuban Missle Crisis to this day rings as one of the biggest JFK and RFK Frauds ever perpetrated upon the American public by JFK and RFK.

I would like to hear facts and authorities to the contrary.

Has anybody read The Dark Side of Camelot by Seymour M. Hersh ?

Respectfully,
Bruce Patrick Brychek.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Re: JFK'S CUBAN MISSILE COVER UP:

Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:04.11.2006 - I Posted this Headline and quote from The Dark Side of Camelot by author Seymour M. Hersh. Some like Hersh, some dislike him. To me that is as relevant as some liked JFK, MLK, and RFK, and some disliked JFK, MLK, and RFK. But Hersh has aggressively written on many subject matters that at least deserve more sincere analysis, reading, research, and study.As we approach the 50th Year Anniversary of The JFK Event in Dallas, have we gained any new perspectives, or learned any new information that can embellish what we already know about The Cuban Missile Crisis ?As always, I hope to generate meaningful discussions on complex matters that hopefully this august group can academically advance to the interest of many.Comments ?Respectfully,BB.
Dealey Joe

Re: JFK'S CUBAN MISSLE COVER UP:

Post by Dealey Joe »

I may not know enough about this to make a comment but Ill throw in my .02I never was of the opinion that the threat by JFK toward Russia resulted in the Russians just dropping their missiles and running.There had to be negotiations of some sort.I believe it was a hair raising event and took statesmanship by the Keddeny'sI think a great example of this if depicted in the movie "Thirteen Days" where JFK makes a statement about not telling the public about his deal to remove US missiles from Turkey in exchange for getting out of Cuba.I also find it a bit odd the JFK had two serious potential disasters concerning Cuba.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Re: JFK'S CUBAN MISSLE COVER UP:

Dear Mr. Joe Hall:Joe - As always, you bring a balanced insight that we all can benefit from.What would be considered the best 3 - 5 works on the Cuban Missile Crisis, with emphasis on more recent, more complete, in depth analyses ?Comments ?Respectfully,BB.