Mary Moorman Tells Story

JFK Assassination
Davyjones

Re: Mary Moorman Tells Story

Post by Davyjones »

So logically they would have printed it with the other 26 vols of rubbish that is the WC report. Anything that showed nothing much WAS published.
Mike Ellwood

Post by Mike Ellwood »

Dealey Joe wrote:They had a method of copying a polaroid which was just another Polaroid picture.I am sure the photo's in question are copies of the original picture..copy would not be better quality that the original.It would not have been difficult for an expert photographer to re-photograph a print on to conventional film. (A friend of mine recently did this for me as a matter of fact, albeit with a digital SLR; in those days it could have been done with any good quality 35 mm camera).Conventional negatives and prints can also deteriorate, but not so dramatically as the Polaroid seems to have done, and not in that time frame, if well-kept.Of course, it might only have been done if anyone had suspected back then that the Polaroid prints had a limited life. Another reason to do it would be so that prints could easily and cheaply be made from the negative produced in the re-photographing process.As Joe says, the copy could never be better than the original, or better than it was at the time of the copying, but the copy on conventional film/print would (if well kept) retain its quality for longer than the Polaroid print (or prints) appear to have done.
kenmurray

Moorman In the Street - Revisted

Post by kenmurray »

Wayne Stracener

Post by Wayne Stracener »

video capture
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

Looks like they are on the grass!? Just watched the 3rd episode of the build up to Mary Moormans interview next week on the iantiques web site. The promise is of 1hour of chat incuding questions from the floor. Hope someone clears up this thorny issue of where she was standing when she took her famous photo? (no shadow on road from either,would be if they where on the road?)
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

Interesting aside: Robin Unger has recently publish some copies of the polaroids on his assasination gallery site, including some from a study by Jack White - each polaroid peel-free back was numbered - number 5 being the head shot. Number 4 appears to be missing - anyone know what haqppened to it?
Alex Hidell

Post by Alex Hidell »

Jean Hill talks about putting a photo in her pocket that Mary M. took.Whatever happened to that photo?If I remember correctly, Jean Hill said it was taken from her.
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

This COULD be the more important snap. I read in Mark Lanes stuff it shows an image of the Dal Tex and the 6th floor. So someone has seen it!!! I read on the internet it might have been given to her cop boyfriend and lost (oh yea) Anyway tonights the chance for Mary to clear up the matter.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

She is scheduled to appear at 7pm tonight:http://www.iantique.com/event/1027