ECONOMY

JFK Assassination
Bob

Re: ECONOMY

Post by Bob »

Dealey Joe wrote:Well I am sorry to inform you all that with the passing of new LEGISLATIONlast night in the US congress, our future financial problems are solved.Now you will have nothing to debate.They stayed up all night to accomplish this feat Congress is a joke, no matter which party holds power. They are ALL influenced by the lobbyists. Lobbyists from AIPAC, the Military Industrial Complex, big insurance, big banking, big communication, etc. The legislation that Congress has put together both in the healthcare bill and the Wall Street reform bill allows the fox to guard the hen house. The criminals are being allowed to continue their modus operandi...STEALING from the people. In addition, billions of dollars that were sent to Afghanistan are now missing. The same thing happened in Iraq. The power elite is laughing at us. Just look at the ratings of FOX News. The sheeple tune in like they are getting the truth.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Bob maybe that is what what they were all smiling about
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Dealey Joe wrote:Well I am sorry to inform you all that with the passing of new LEGISLATIONlast night in the US congress, our future financial problems are solved.Now you will have nothing to debate.They stayed up all night to accomplish this feat Joe, they needed to stay up all night. After all, they pretty much take the rest of the year off anyways.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

If we are lucky they will take off more
bob franklin

Post by bob franklin »

Don't hurry back on our account...But seriously, what was Prescott doing for a living when he put together the CIA? Senaters can cause a lot of trouble.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I received this email today...The new unemployment figures came out today and they're bad. We lost 125,000 jobs and the unemployment rate is 9.5%.But instead of helping those who are out of work, Congress just went on vacation without extending unemployment benefits. That means 2 million Americans are losing a desperately-needed source of support because of Congress' continued failure to act.Congress seems to think they're doing the popular thing by pulling back support for the economy, but in fact, a recent poll shows that the overwhelming majority of Americans want benefits extended, even if it means temporarily increasing the deficit.Today's unemployment numbers drive home the point that Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman made earlier this week about the perils of government inaction. He goes so far as to say we may be heading for a depression.Here are some key excerpts from Krugman's op-ed:We are now, I fear, in the early stages of a third depression. It will probably look more like the Long Depression than the much more severe Great Depression. But the cost—to the world economy and, above all, to the millions of lives blighted by the absence of jobs—will nonetheless be immense. And this third depression will be primarily a failure of policy. Around the world...governments are obsessing about inflation when the real threat is deflation, preaching the need for belt-tightening when the real problem is inadequate spending.Unemployment—especially long-term unemployment—remains at levels that would have been considered catastrophic not long ago, and shows no sign of coming down rapidly.In the face of this grim picture, you might have expected policy makers to realize that they haven't yet done enough to promote recovery. But no: over the last few months there has been a stunning resurgence of hard-money and balanced-budget orthodoxy.While long-term fiscal responsibility is important, slashing spending in the midst of a depression, which deepens that depression and paves the way for deflation, is actually self-defeating.So I don't think this is really about Greece, or indeed about any realistic appreciation of the tradeoffs between deficits and jobs. It is, instead, the victory of an orthodoxy that has little to do with rational analysis, whose main tenet is that imposing suffering on other people is how you show leadership in tough times.
Bob

Post by Bob »

barney 1961

Post by barney 1961 »

8/29/2010Members; I recently purchased a monthy subscription to Netflix.Com where you can view unlimited amounts of movies, documentaries, etcover your computer, and not have to do the mail back the disc regimen. I no long have a home mailbox since so many people mail was beingroutinely pilfered by teens etc.- here you can rent a good size mailbox for $75 per year.I watched one of Michael Moore's own produced, written, and directed movies named, " Capitalism." I urge each of you to rent or see thismovie if you have not already done so, as its very thought provoking and covers many economic theories, issues, and the calamity that ourNation is facing at this time our short history. i believe most of you will find the movie revealing and entertaining as well.
tom jeffers

Post by tom jeffers »

Fellow conspirater buffs,the last thing i want to be is the little boy that cried wolf. i have become aware of government intervention in the marketplace and if you goggle the plunge protection team, you will get some information on it. I truly never believed that the dow would get this high and the "recovery" would have lasted this long but the only reason is to lure in the rest of the suckers into the market before the big plunge. The government uses goldman sachs and other banks to purchase securities at specific times to make the market think it is doing well. This so called jobless recovery is a sham. I called the plunge a few months back but I did not take into consideration about government motives for keeping it up. The current administration is waiting until after the elections before they let the market fall. Please review the links I have below and PLEASE protect your family and loved ones. stock up on food and water. get liquid and have cash available. I look for a middle east war and the market plunging along with hyperinflation, $5 a gallon gas and food shortages this winter. I hope I am wrong.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOfRLINV ... aDicBLuwMg