On the Subject of Truth: Photo Manipulation Just Got Easier

JFK Assassination
Michael Dell

On the Subject of Truth: Photo Manipulation Just Got Easier

Post by Michael Dell »

I just saw this being discussed elsewhere, and it immediately made me think of Wim's previous thread with the link to Paul Craig Roberts' article regarding truth and propaganda.Photoshop, the popular image editing software, is about to release a new version with a tool called "content aware." Basically, it makes it incredibly easy to manipulate images, so much so that we'll probably never be able to distinguish truth from propaganda ever again. But here's the key point: if this is the technology they're willing to release to the public, what sort of technology do you think the government is using right now? They've probably been doing this sort of stuff for years. Here's a link to a video demonstrating the new "content aware" tool. Anyone who has ever done any image editing will realize just how significant this is...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI
Dealey Joe

Re: On the Subject of Truth: Photo Manipulation Just Got Easier

Post by Dealey Joe »

makes you wonder what else they can do?makes me feel kinda dumbI recall back in the 70's I saw an article on a hugh laser cannonthat they then claimed could shoot a plane out of the sky.That thing was huge. several feet iin diamatter and a city block longhave never heard anything more about it.
bob franklin

Re: On the Subject of Truth: Photo Manipulation Just Got Easier

Post by bob franklin »

There is good news to be had on this subject, Every time I've closely examined an altered photo (including content aware altered pics - just tested it) there are strong clues to alterations. The overall patina of the photo is affected you can see odd square anomalies where changes have been made: