Question about registration rules

JFK Assassination
Wayne Stracener

Re: Question about registration rules

Post by Wayne Stracener »

Wim, The forum rules posted under forum administration read different to thoseposted in the forum rules under Who Shot JFK & Why.Can this be changed to avoid any confusion.....Wayne
bob franklin

Post by bob franklin »

Safe and sane rules to be sure. I personally prefer to post under my first and last name, separated by a space in between. It seems to me the braver and more vertebrate approach. I'd love to see the nickname allowance done away with, except for certain instances where high profile individuals need to protect their anonymity for safety reasons. But for the the most part, I believe if you're ballsy enough to post, you're ballsy enough to sign your name to it, right at the top, where the name under which you registered goes. I've yet to hear a countering viewpoint on this issue that sways me in the slightest. It is a matter of ethics. Do you stand, or do you not?
Phil Dragoo

Identity

Post by Phil Dragoo »

The distinguishing character or personality of an individual.Excellent.As opposed to the cowards who concocted the crime, ashamed to show their faces to this day.We are the antithesis to the dark-side political games.It's a small thing but apparently a chip too pricey for some to purchase.It makes the game no longer a game.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

dankbaar wrote:On a dutch website I have implented the same registration rules as here. Some people ask me the reason for this rule: 1) Register preferably under your real name, first and last. You may also choose a nickname if you provide your true name to me or another administrator. Could you please comment on why you like or hate this rule?WimSeems pretty fair to meThanks
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

Thanks for the answers so far. But what does the rule prevent? WimPS: Wayne, I have nu clue as to whay that text was ever entered. I did not do it. Anyway, I changed it back.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

I, like Bob Franklin think the use of full correct names should be required but I can live with the fact that they are at least known to the Administrator.This is no place for cowards to hide behind their keyboards.I can't think of a case where a person should not be known.Wayne I can't quite understand your question?I assume you use your correct name but you sound as though you favor the anonymity rule?
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

Would the rule prevent that James Files would register, if he would have internet access? Would not only spammers, but people who have relevant inside knowledge not want to give away their real names and adresses? Is Randy Bednorz Randy Bednorz?
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

ChrisWhat good is relevant inside information from an unknown unidentifiable source?Exposure comes with the territory.I am sure Bruce gets all sorts of threats over Jimmy Files.
Wayne Stracener

Post by Wayne Stracener »

I prefer real names, If we were having a roundtable discussion we would be using real names,Nicknames feel like I'm talking on a CB radio ( 10-4 rubber duck you got a copy ).Notice on this thread that all post are made by members using their real nameswith the exception of one, to me that speaks for it's self.Wim, Set the rules and if it does not work out in favor of the forum use your rightto change it at anytime to benefit the forum. Joe, the rules are posted in two different locations on the forum, I was explaining to Wimthat there was a conflict between the two and after being brought to his attention he quickly handled the situation.
AnthonyAthletic

Post by AnthonyAthletic »

I don't mind using my real name. I have just tried unsuccessfully to change it (couldn't find an option).Is there an option to do so? or does one have to delete the account and re register?