is the real McCoy.

But if I have to choose the most decisive reason why I believe
Jimmy Files, it is one that came much later:

My trusted friend : Bruce Patrick Brychek

Wim
Mark de Rooij

Re: Bruce Brychek

Post by Mark de Rooij »

dankbaar wrote:From the moment, 5 years ago, that I watched the first interview with James Files in 1994, I have grown convinced that James Files is the real McCoy. Wim

Wim,
having watched Files' confession over and over again I tend to believe he was in on it as well, even pulled the trigger of a non silenced gun. However, I also tend to the believe the deaf-mute witness that watched a gunman from the triple overpass, as he tossed a rifle to a second person (who dismantled it and calmly walked towards the boxcars over by the tracks). Now, as I understand the verbal translation of this mute's daughter, he watched 'his' gunman take shot from behind the picket fence. Having checked (the fairly limited sizes of) the fence and the knoll extensively myself, I can not help but wonder why Files never mentioned the second gunman behind the fence. This second gunman and Files could not have been more than 50 feet apart in a straight line. Again, I tend to believe both the confession and the eyewitness, but surely Files would have corroborated the second gunman's presence or involvement. Did Files elaborate on that to you at all?

One more thing.
Has any of the eyewitnesses present on Dealey Plaza, i.e. in the section that is visible in Abe Zapruder's footage, ever explained WHY they were THERE. I mean, the streets of Dallas, especially Main Street, were literally packed with lines of people that came to see JFK, and then, all of a sudden, the best vantage point to see the president (i.e. the grassy curbs lining Elm Street) is almost empty! Somehow they all seemed reluctant to go past the reflecting pool. Did anyone tell them they'd better not watch the motorcade from there, perhaps the fake secret service men? Was there any such warning in the description of the route of the motorcade? Wouldn't you agree with me that the Plaza was THE place to be to watch the pres go by? The more you think about that, the stranger it gets.

Thanks,
Mark.
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

J – You ever heard… Have you ever heard the story of Ed Hoffman?

JF – Yes, I’ve heard of him. I don’t know who he is, but I’ve heard of him.

J – He is the deaf guy who was up on Stemmons and he says he saw a guy essentially in your position, but he saw him toss a rifle to somebody else. Have you got any idea …

JF – I never tossed anything to anybody! Never!

There is also evidence that seems to conflict with the account of James Files. This is the story of Ed Hoffman, a deaf mute man, who was ignored by the FBI, but claims to have seen a man in a suit firing a gun from behind the picket fence. This man then tossed the gun to another man, who disassembled the rifle and put it in a briefcase. This other man was dressed as railroad worker and walked away with the briefcase in the direction of the railroad yard. James Files says that he was alone behind the picket fence. However, I tend to see Ed Hoffman as credible, although he is a single and thus uncorroborated source. If we assume Hoffman's account is true, and since there is evidence of more than one shot from the front, for example the wound in Kennedy's throat, it is not inconceivable that Files, concentrated as he was on the target, may have missed another shooter behind the fence and closer to the underpass. This man could have appeared at the last moment. He could have been hiding behind or in one of the cars behind the picket fence. It could well have been one of the men in suits, posing as Secret Service agents.

J.F. letter to P.J. May 25, 1999
Please tell Debra Conway at JFK Lancer that I don’t need a name in prison. Stateville Prison is located just outside of Chicago, only thirty minutes away, and that I already had a name before I got here. That everyone already knew who I was connected to. So I didn’t need JFK s--- in any type or form and that if the federal agent “ZACK SHELTONâ€
Mark de Rooij

Hoffman vs. Files

Post by Mark de Rooij »

Thank you Wim for the elaborate answer, I guess Files scores some points here. I'm still left with the peculiar 'density' of the crowd on the grassy curbs. Could you please shed some light on that matter as well?

Just got through watching the 30 minute special on Zapruder's footage - not a word on missing and (supposedly) interchanged frames. BTW, what is the best site to watch the footage frame by frame (numbered)?
Bob

Post by Bob »

If ANYONE is the real McCoy, it's Bruce. I never met the man. But we have had some serious discussions. I believe I am pretty good at reading people, even on the internet, and I believe Bruce is genuine. Like Wim. And Jimmy Files. By the way, there are a lot of you that make this board what it is. Some I don't agree with most of the time, like Dan. But Dan has the right to voice his opinion. It's called a free society. When a society cuts off FREE discussion among the people, then we are talking about the Bu$h administration (sorry Dan, couldn't resist). Anyway, I really appreciate all of the participants on this forum. Dawn is one of my favorites, but I also like to hear from Billy, Paul, Mark, John G., Jim Harwood and Jim Thompson and all of the semi-regulars. There are many others that have recently joined liked M.C., Dave C. and Al that are interesting to hear from. I know I have left off some key contributors to this forum and I do apologize. There are so many of you that bring a lot to the table. What is realy great about this forum is the international flavor. I wish more Americans cared about 11/22/1963 as much as the rest of the world does. Let's keep the energy coming and together we can open some doors that haven't been opened yet regarding the JFK assassination.
Bob Lilly

Post by Bob Lilly »

Mark,
Agree that the deaf mute witness is compelling. As he told his daughter, the officials tried to twist his story and it frustrated him. His acoount seems very truthful. What is to be gained by such a man standing up for and trying to explain what he saw? Unless it is standing on your honor.
Mark de Rooij

Post by Mark de Rooij »

Bob Lilly wrote:Mark, Agree that the deaf mute witness is compelling. As he told his daughter, the officials tried to twist his story and it frustrated him. His acoount seems very truthful. What is to be gained by such a man standing up for and trying to explain what he saw? Unless it is standing on your honor.
I'm glad you're with me on this one, Bob. It does make you wonder why so many eyewitnesses do come forward, knowing that by doing so they could become 'another statistic'. Or is it just because so much time has passed that they no longer fear to be silenced. If that were so, hopefully the Babooshka lady would come forward as well.
john geraghty

Post by john geraghty »

If that were so, hopefully the Babooshka lady would come forward as well.
She already has.
John
Mark de Rooij

Post by Mark de Rooij »

john geraghty wrote:If that were so, hopefully the Babooshka lady would come forward as well.She already has.John

I have missed out a number of years during which I have been preoccupied with other things, and I am a newbee to this forum, so please fill me in on her. All I know she offered her roll of film to be developped, but got told it was no good and walked out of history. I believe Gary Mack referred to that in his Unsolved History doc.
john geraghty

Post by john geraghty »

Hi Mark,
A lady named Beverly Oliver came forward as the Babushka lady. She was a singer in the colony club and knew Jack Ruby and several other underworld figures.
Beverly is a regular at Lancer conferences and is very accessible to researchers.
My friend Ian Griggs has had a lot of contact with her and stands by her story. Personally I believe her.
Some people say that she is not the Babushka lady, however, they do not say it to her face.
I'm sure a google search will bring up some good info, she is also interviewed in Nigel Turners 'The Men Who Killed Kennedy', If you ask Bob Clemens nicely he might just give you a copy!
All the best Mark.
John