Church Committee Witnesses

JFK Assassination
JDThomas

Church Committee Witnesses

Post by JDThomas »

I've been watching the Hearings on Disclosure of the JFK Assassination Records video which setup the ARRB. One of the witnesses was Loch Johnson, the Church Committee chief of staff. He said that three of their chief witnesses were murdered, before, during and after evidence sessions. He named Trafficante and Roselli, but he declined to name the third. Does anyone know who he meant? Was it DeMohrenschildt?
Bob

Re: Church Committee Witnesses

Post by Bob »

That could very well be, JD. That being said, Chuck Nicoletti and George DeMohrenshildt were murdered on the very same day...March 29, 1977. Also, I think you meant to say Giancana and Roselli.
Slav

Post by Slav »

After 14 years have passed 14 years later who would have the power or reason to kill of witnesses lbj is dead Hoover is dead Nixon is gone who would have the power is 1977 to kill of witnesses my guess and the only answer possible is George bush director of CIA he had the most to lose in 1977.
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

Bob wrote:That could very well be, JD. That being said, Chuck Nicoletti and George DeMohrenshildt were murdered on the very same day...March 29, 1977. Also, I think you meant to say Giancana and Roselli.Yes, Bob, you're quite right about it being Giancana - thanks for the correction. There are so many of the mobsters that keep getting mentioned that I get them mixed-up. Someone recently made a good point to counter the 'Someone would have talked' nutters' - nobody has ever talked about the killing of Roselli or Giancana or any number of other major mobsters and hardly anyone in the anti-Castro Cuban community talks about anything operational at all, let alone killing.By the way, I would not recommend watching the 'Hearings on Disclosure of the JFK Assassination Records' video unless you want your blood pressure raised - whilst there is some good historical record, there are plenty of Warren Commission staff, government insiders and nutty professors insisting that nobody but Oswald could have done it. It would have been wonderful if ARRB oversight hearing had taken place and these Goons could have been dragged back before the committee and forced to eat ....... (* insert your word of preference here!).Also worth noting that I cannot find DeMohrenshildt in the Church Committee testimony and he died after the hearings finished, so I assume Loch Johnson is referring to someone else ... and why did he not want to name him if he was already dead?
Bob

Post by Bob »

The person also may have been Nicoletti. Why he wouldn't be named is pretty obvious. He was one of the shooters in Dealey Plaza (at least to many of us).
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Here is a good documentary on JFK and the Mafia hosted by Bill Kurtis:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-EXZRx-K2Q
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

Interesting follow-up .... Information originally supplied by Wim in another place:Joe West: Did you see Charles Nicoletti in Dallas or how do you know that he was in Dallas?Tosh Plumlee: From back from the Church committee years ago. The picture of Nicoletti was shown to me by a member, by investigators of Senator Church, and prior to that I had already pulled Nicoletti's picture out of a lineup of 10 pictures. I did not know his name at that point. On another occasion I saw him at Sloppy Joe's with John Roselli, in Biscayne Park, when they were going over some maps.I have not yet found Nicoletti mentioned as a deposition witness for the Church Committee, who appear to have been very thorough in this regard. As Nicoletti died well after the Church Committee concluded, I am leaning towards thinking that Loch Johnson was referring to someone else, but this is nothing like settled.
JDB4JFK

Post by JDB4JFK »

JD, Nicoletti was murdered just before he was suppose to testify at the HSCA IN 1977. So was Roselli and DeMohrenschildt.
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

JD, Nicoletti was murdered just before he was suppose to testify at the HSCA IN 1977. So was Roselli and DeMohrenschildt.Hi, Yes I am aware of this, but the Church Committee was earlier and we are looking for a committee witness murder. As we have yet to find Church Committe witness records for either for either Nicoletti or DeMohrenschildt, it is likely we are looking for someone else as the murder mystery witness. It is of course possible that the said person had nothing to do with the BIG EVENT as the Church Committee had a far wider remit.It is not surprising to note that one of the biggest scandals to come out of the Church Committee (in the public mind at least) was the unsolicitered opening of mail of ordinary members of the public by the security services (and the conclusion was that this had to stop). Fast forward to today and we have the same type of scandal with the interception of emails, cellfone messages and the like for similar reasons of 'National Security'. And what do the Government propose to do with the individuals who have exposed such skullduggery? Yes, that's right, sling them in jail and throw away the key.Something else to think about. One Church Committee member was Senator Gary Hart - were his presidential campaigns sabotaged by the security services as revenge for what the Church Committee did? After failing in his first bid, I believe that he was considered to be the front-runner for Vice-Presidential running mate for Walter Mondale; so why did Mondale chose a deadbeat liability instead of him? Was Mondale warned-off too?Still further, Hart gave a speech on September 4 2001, warning about terrorist attacks that would cause mass deaths in the United States. What happened one week later? Did the Security Services really not know what Hart believed would happen? Or else were all their snooping efforts in the name of 'National Security' simply incompetent, inefficient or just a waste of time?Terror risk real: HartThousands in U.S. will die, ex-presidential hopeful says HUBERT BAUCH Montreal GazetteWednesday, September 05, 2001There is a strong likelihood the United States will be hit by a major terrorist strike in the coming 25 years that will inflict thousands of casualties and wreak major changes in American society, according to former U.S. senator and presidential hopeful Gary Hart.Hart said yesterday the projection was made by experts consulted by a U.S. national security commission he recently chaired."The conclusion was that, for the first time since 1812, Americans will lose their lives in large number on American soil by terrorists using weapons of mass destruction," he said.Nuclear Attack PossibleHe said the terrorist attack could come in form of a multi-kiloton nuclear bomb exploded in a major city, or by the poisoning of water systems with lethal chemicals or the air with deadly viruses.Hart, along with Quebec Premier Bernard Landry, was a guest speaker at a dinner held by the local branch of a U.S.-based international law firm, Coudert Brothers, for which Hart is currently a special adviser. The occasion marked the launch of the firm's international aviation practice group.He said that, in the aftermath of such a terrorist strike, there would be a massive outcry for the government to act, and an unprecedented crackdown by the authorities. "We will be spied on, our privacy will be gone; that will have a huge impact on our society."Hart's speech was about the changes the world faces going into the 21st century, which he said will be dominated by increasing globalization, population shifts from poorer to richer countries, and a decline of nation states as the building blocks of the global community."With increased globalization, that fundamental building block is beginning to disintegrate," he said.He made no specific reference to Quebec or Canada, but suggested that different cultural groups across the world will seek to assert their identity outside their present national context."All kinds of groups may or may not want to be separate, but to identify themselves as separate from the nation states into which they were cast by colonial or other historical circumstance."The 21st century, he suggested, will be not so much a continuation of the 20th, but a revolutionary break from the recent past."If you thought the 20th century was interesting, wait until you see the 21st," he said. "It will be like nothing we have seen in the past."
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

The Church Committee Missing Transcripts:https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Featu ... ripts.html