RIP Ted Kennedy

JFK Assassination
scottjfkmad

Re: RIP Ted Kennedy

Post by scottjfkmad »

I am glad to hear Ted will be buried in Arlington National Cemetory....====Senator Edward M. Kennedy will lie in repose at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum beginning, Thursday, August 27, 2009. The Senator will be joined throughout the day and night by a civilian honor guard of family, friends, and current and former staff. He will also be joined by a military honor guard. Visiting hours for the public will be on Thursday evening from 6:00 p.m.to 11:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Public wishing to sign the condolence books can do so from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Thursday. The Museum will close on Thursday at 3:00 p.m. and re-open on Saturday at 10:30 a.m.Parking and Transportation The Public is encouraged to use public transportation to the Kennedy Presidential Library. Special shuttle service will be available from the JFK/UMass T Stop on the MBTA Red Line from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Thursday and from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Friday. Free Satellite Parking will also be available at the Bayside Expo Center from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Thursday and from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Friday. Special shuttle service will be available for those parking at the Bayside Expo Center to the Kennedy Presidential Library. Please Note: There will be no parking available to the public at the Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. No backbacks will be allowed in the building. Thursday Motorcade Route to Boston Click here for map of motorcade. Senator Kennedy will travel Route 3 North to Route 93 North into Boston. (Approximately 3:00 p.m.) Senator Kennedy will exit at Government Center, and travel down Hanover Street into the North End, past St. Stephen's Church, where his mother Rose was baptized and her funeral mass celebrated.Continuing down Hanover and crossing over the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway, the park Senator Kennedy joined community leaders in creating that gives mothers and their children green space in the heart of the city. The park sits on the same land young Rose Fitzgerald enjoyed as a child. Senator Kennedy will pass Faneuil Hall where Mayor Menino will ring the bell 47 times. Continuing to Bowdoin Street, Senator Kennedy will pass 122 Bowdoin, where he opened his first office as an Assistant District Attorney and President Kennedy lived while running for Congress in 1946. The motorcade will pass the JFK Federal Building where Senator Kennedy's Boston office has stood for decades, and then travel to Dorchester Street into South Boston and to the JFK Presidential Library. People who wish to honor Senator Kennedy are urged to line the motorcade route at the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway, City Hall Plaza and the Boston Common, in front of the Statehouse on Park Street. The motorcade will arrive at the JFK Library at approximately 4:00 pm. The Library will open to the public for visitation at 6:00 pm on Thursday. For more information, visit these websites. www.tedkennedy.org www.kennedyinstitute.org
Bob

Post by Bob »

kenmurray wrote:Or MSNBC could do us a big favor and have Hardball come on only one time, like 3am when hardly nobody is watching Lately, it seems like I have been up late into the evening and early morning. It would be just my luck to catch his show at 3:00am. Sort of apropos though, that is the time that all the informercials are on. In Matthews case, his show is a "disinformercial".
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

Chris Matthews is a waste of time. It's disturbing that he gets air time, but not a surprise; he is a loyal spokesman for his corporate/banking/war masters, as are virtually all the talking heads of the mainstream media. Even Keith Olberman knows where the boundaries lie, and he dutifully stays on the sacred ground (no 9/11 or JFK conspiracy talk from him!).The corporate media is the magic wand of the wizards running the show, and this is due in great part to the illusion they have brilliantly created; that ours is a liberal press. If we can expose this vital building block, we just might have a chance for peace on earth and good will towards men,
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks for the itinerary Scott. I think Ted will go down as the greatest Senator in U.S. history, right along the side of Daniel Webster. Thom...you are right on the money, both about Matthews and Olbermann. As you say, Olbermann had on Gerald Posner as well, and treated him like he was a Pulitzer award winner. Olbermann also has on John Dean quite a bit, and if you believe Family of Secrets by Russ Baker (which I do), then one knows that Dean is not exactly a man of great character and substance. Plus, GE owns MSNBC, NBC and CNBC and GE has made a boatload of money off the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. However, unlike Fox News, they let their talk show hosts have some latitude to a certain point. Right now, my favorite show on MSNBC is the Ed Show with Ed Schultz. Ed tells it like it is...on BOTH sides of the aisle. I would also rank Rachel Maddow's show above Olbermann's, as she breaks a lot of significant stories like the house on C Street story.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Bob

Post by Bob »

Ted's final resting place at Arlington National Cemetery near his brothers...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgQtlEMAcugI watched Ted's burial in the very same room that I watched RFK's burial in June of 1968. Very surreal...and emotional...at least for me.
scottjfkmad

Post by scottjfkmad »

Bob were about in Arlington is Ted buried, up the hill were Jack is buried, or up that small passage were Bobbys White Cross is....I will have tomake plans to get to Arlington and pay my respects to Ted Kennedy...
Bob

Post by Bob »

Ted is about 100 feet from Bobby, also up a hill. JFK and the internal flame are also about 100 feet away. Arlington is fantastic. If you have time, schedule a trip to Gettysburg as well, as it is within an hour of Arlington. Talk about history. I have walked down little Round Top there. It is more than surreal when you are there...it's spiritual...like Arlington.
scottjfkmad

Post by scottjfkmad »

You read my mind buddy, I am planning a day trip to Gettysburg when in DC next year, the tour sounds out of this world...I have been to Arlington twice, and it is very surreal....I know were you mean, so Teddy is right by Bobby up the hill to the left of JFK....The view from JFK & Jackie’s gravesite looking down over Washington is one of the most peaceful and beautiful views I have ever seen... a view that JFK once remarked to Ken O’ Donnel ''that he could look at forever''...
Bob

Post by Bob »

Scott, you won't regret the trip to Gettysburg. Check out Little Round Top for sure. There is a LOT to see.Also...I sent an email to Chris Matthews this weekend. I don't expect a response, but here is my note...Hi Chris, I was interested in watching your special on the Kennedy brothers, but I heard you say something in the special that ruined it all. You said that JFK was for the war in Vietnam. That is completely untrue! There were 16,000 troops/advisors in Nam when JFK was murdered (put there by Eisenhower), and only 82 troops had died up until that point. JFK wanted all troops and advisors out of Nam by 1965. LBJ completely changed the direction of the war, just two days after JFK's assassination on 11/24/1963, when he basically gave the Military Industrial Complex the keys to the car in Vietnam. By 1965, LBJ had over 500,000 troops in Nam and by the time the war ended, over 58,000 troops had died. I also saw you have on Gerald Posner awhile back, and the way you gushed about him was embarrassing. Posner's book Case Closed (about the JFK assassination where Posner tried to place all the blame on Lee Harvey Oswald), has been widely looked at as a joke by the research community. Posner wrote a book that was filled with disinformation, and your words in the Kennedy brothers special was also disinformation. Bob