Kevin Costner

JFK Assassination
Bob

Kevin Costner

Post by Bob »

I always liked Kevin Costner. He was in the two best Kennedy movies ever...JFK and Thirteen Days. He was also in two of the best baseball movies ever, Bull Durham and Field of Dreams. Yes, Costner has been in some bombs as well, but overall his work is pretty solid. Other favorites of mine that he was in were The Untouchables, No Way Out, Silverado, Dances with Wolves and Wyatt Earp. Now I like him even more. A friend of mine sent me this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx5XgUYD ... ture=fvwAt least someone is trying to do something about this travesty created by BP, Halliburton and friends. The Obama administration has done absolutely nothing except talk tough. ACTIONS speak louder than words Mr. President. Kevin Costner is trying to create some action. The Obama administration sure isn't.
Dealey Joe

Re: Kevin Costner

Post by Dealey Joe »

Great Bob.I look at Kevin as a Real America.I like his movie "Swing Vote" it has a good patriotic theme.and you left out what I think is his all time best movie "Open Range"
Bob

Post by Bob »

Open Range is excellent. My apologies for leaving it out. Swing Vote is good also. I like Hanks (as an actor), but I too will take Costner, especially as someone that tries to tell the truth cinematically, plus pushes the envelope of the power elite with his films. It looks like Hanks is a stamp on the power elite's envelope if his production of Bugliosi's door stop comes true on HBO. Here is Costner's entire body of work...http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000126/
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

After contemplation he has several movies I like vert much.Message in a BottleField of Dreams13 DaysPostman is great too.
scottjfkmad

Post by scottjfkmad »

Over here in Jolly Old England, I must admit we do like ROBIN HOOD PRINCE OF THEIVES...Another great Costner movie...Says a lot about that man, that an American was easily first choice to play an English hero...Does anyone have a list of all JFK/Kennedy films made...I have most of them, but was flicking through the channels the other night and found a LIFE AND TIMES OF RFK, from I am guessing the 1970's....
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

I am not aware of a list like that.would be interesting though.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

I also like Costner in the movie "Mr Brooks" where he plays a psychotic criminal that also has an alter ego which is played by William Hurt.http://www.movies.com/mr.-brooks/m5618
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

why would I think you would like a movie like that
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Dealey Joe wrote:why would I think you would like a movie like that Because its a good one Joe. You need to see if you haven't yet.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Stan wrote:I'm just remembering Bruce Greenwood's performance as John Kennedy in "13 Days." Outstanding.One scene that has always stuck with me: JFK is being pressured from all angles to bomb the hell out of Cuba. He's dead set against it. In his office he turns to Bobby (or was it Powers or O'Donnell?) and says:"When a man abandons his own judgment, well, there's a dishonor in that."Does anyone know if this is from actual tapes from his office?Unforgettable.Bruce Greenwood was outstanding, as was Steven Culp as RFK and Dylan Baker as Robert McNamara. Obviously, if Kevin Costner is in the movie, then his role (Kenny O'Donnell) may have been trumped up a bit. However, O'Donnell did go to Harvard with Bobby and also played football there. O'Donnell was a special assistant to JFK, and his office was right outside the oval office. JFK never had a Chief of Staff, and O'Donnell sort of played that role. So the movie may have taken the cinematic liberty to enhance the role O'Donnell played (because of Costner), but the recording of the history that happened during those thirteen days was very accurate. Stan, whether JFK ever spoke those words, I don't know. But his actions during those perilous thirteen days suggests that he may have.