Tippet's Involvement in Assassination

JFK Assassination
Alex Hidell

Re: Tippet's Involvement in Assassination

Post by Alex Hidell »

Interesting thought on overkill.The killer defintiely did not want Tippet to live to tell the tale.This could represent an emotional attachment or just a professional hit to make sure Tippet remained silent, forever.Why does soemone want Tippet to remain silent so badly?Did he know something that could have caused harm to someone?Could he have been asked to hit Oswald and refused?We know Ruby didn't refuse but were there others who were asked to hit Oswald but balked for one reason or another?The idea of someone getting the drop on Tippet implies he knew his killer and was caught off guard.
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

Must have known Tippet could have ID him,so had to make sure. Tippet was not on red alert as a result of the short conversation as any cop would have called in and pulled his gun before getting out of the car.So for me the killer could not cope with the fact that a cop had seen him where he was. As to his identity....I dont know!
Alex Hidell

Post by Alex Hidell »

That's why I think Tippet knew his killer. The President had just been murdered. ANY cop would have been on red alert, UNLESS, they knew their killer.
Slav

Post by Slav »

JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

Author Joseph McBride on Tippet's character:Some of his military file is unavailable or apparently has been destroyed. The army had a fire in its St. Louis records center in 1973 that destroyed many military records from the war.... Similar story that they pedal for James Files' missing records? What is certain is that J. D. Tippit was affected psychologically by the war, as many veterans are, and that he had unusual skill with firearms. His father told me J. D. was an excellent shot. A psychological test of Tippit shortly after he became a policeman displayed several disturbing tendencies, including, “His grip on reality is below the average. Errors of judgment may be expected.” And yet the department kept him on, which tells you something about the DPD.Yep! Just the sort of unstable individual you want to uphold the law eh?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Here is what I believe happened regarding the J.D. Tippet murder, at least based on the what a witness in close proximity saw. I believe that it was Jack Ruby who was with Gary Marlow, when Tippit was murdered according to the witness. Acquilla Clemons said that she saw two men involved in the attack on Tippit. She later testified that the gunman was a "short guy and kind of heavy" (Ruby). The other man was tall and thin (Marlow) in khaki trousers and a white shirt. The Dallas Police warned her not to repeat this story to others or "she might get hurt".I believe Ruby was already stalking LHO less than a hour after the assassination to kill him. Why? Because he was ordered to do so, or else. The irony in all of this, is that LHO, Ruby and Tippet all knew each other.Ruby seemed to be everywhere the weekend of the assassination.Listen to what Lee Bowers said, when he saw two men near the picket fence prior to the assassination..."One was "middle-aged" and "fairly heavyset," wearing a white shirt and dark trousers. The other was "mid-twenties" in either a plaid shirt or plaid coat... these men were the only two strangers in the area. The others were workers that I knew." Jimmy Files was wearing a plaid jacket, which he reversed after the assassination. So...who matches the description of the other man? Jack Ruby. Also, on the morning of the assassination, Files drove Johnny Roselli to the diner to meet a man. The man was again...Jack Ruby. Ruby gave Roselli an envelope that contained important information concerning the hit that would happen later that day. Files watched that meeting from another place in the same diner. Then, on late Friday evening, going into early Saturday, Ruby is at DPD headquarters at Oswald's midnight press conference. Ruby was obviously stalking LHO. We all know what happened on Sunday morning.Finally, in reading JFK vs. CIA by Michael Calder, we learn that three witnesses saw Ruby running from the knoll area after the shooting. Jean Hill, J.C. Prince and Tom Tilson (an off-duty DPD patrolman). Tilson said the man looked enough like Ruby to be his "twin".Jean Hill said this...."I saw a man up there running, or getting away. He was right up there by the school book depository, just not at the corner where they say the shots came from, at the other end, right up the slope, at the top of the slope. I saw him go towards the railroad tracks, towards the tracks to the west. I just thought at the time, that's the man that did it."
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Great stuff Bob. Julia Anne Mercer also said on the day of the assassination she saw a man that she later identified as Ruby in a pick up truck with a rifle:http://22november1963.org.uk/was-jack-r ... assination
Bob

Post by Bob »

kenmurray wrote:Great stuff Bob. Julia Anne Mercer also said on the day of the assassination she saw a man that she later identified as Ruby in a pick up truck with a rifle:http://22november1963.org.uk/was-jack-r ... tionIndeed, Ken. Plus she said that the guy who got out of the truck with the gun case was wearing a plaid shirt. Jimmy Files was wearing a plaid jacket.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Tippet was killed to silence him.there were several people in the Oak Cliff area that easily could have done itTippet and Oswald were supposed to be together and both taken out.One witness said there was a police car setting in an alley close byFinger prints were taken from the side of Tippets car but I have never heard of any mention of them?
Slav

Post by Slav »