DOROTHY KILGALEN

JFK Assassination
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Re: DOROTHY KILGALEN

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

10.14.2013Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:12.02.2011 - Mr. Joe Hall Posted this important Headline.An interesting discussion developed, and evolved from someexcellent JFK Murder Solved Forum Members.Many interesting facts, opinions, and points of informationwere raised.Recently other Headlines and Posts are again raising DorothyKilgalen both here and elsewhere.A very worthy subject matter with many excellent contributions.These should all be reviewed together for the best possiblebenefit. My opinion.Any additional analyses, readings, research, interviews, investigations,studies, thoughts, or writings on this subject matter ?Comments ?Respectfully,BB.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

San Diegans probe 1965 Dorothy Kilgallen murder mystery:http://timesofsandiego.com/life/2015/11 ... r-mystery/
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

A new book on Dorothy coming out in Dec 2016:https://www.amazon.com/Reporter-Who-Kne ... R5CAnother one on my list!
Tom Bigg

Post by Tom Bigg »

Kilgallen's Death: Back in the SpotlightGary North - December 06, 2016Printer-Friendly FormatDorothy Killgallen died mysteriously in 1964. She had interviewed Jack Ruby twice. She was about to tell his story. Then she died, still in her makeup from "What's My Line?"Millions of viewers knew her only as a "What's My Line?" panelist. They did not know that she was a highly skilled reporter.She knew her life was on the line. She said so publicly.Her death was ruled an accident.I was convinced at the time that she was probably a victim of foul play. But for over half a century, no one investigated her death with the precision that she investigated Lee Harvey Oswald's murderer. It still amazes me that Ruby agreed to meet with her, and only her.This writer also has raised questions.Dorothy was one of the very few American journalists who immediately assailed the investigation into the death of the President, and scored a world exclusive when she obtained an advance copy of the Warren Commission's controversial report -- which infuriated President Lyndon Johnson, who had not yet even seen it. She proceeded to publicly challenge its numerous gaps, contradictions and outright lies. Ms. Kilgallen also launched a private inquiry which took her to New Orleans and resulted in her drawing the scrutiny -- and scorn -- of FBI director J. Edgar Hoover and LBJ. FBI agents were even dispatched to her private residence in New York to interrogate her, but she said she'd rather die than reveal her source(s). She soon did just that.For many years, agencies of the federal government like the CIA and FBI followed Dorothy and her friends, as is well documented in declassified files. Her phones were tapped and she had to arrange clandestine meetings with sources, hoping that her various subterfuges would keep her safe. Near the end of her life, she very much felt she was in danger -- and indeed she was.In November 1965, she succumbed to a combination of alcohol and barbiturates, in a fashion much like Marilyn Monroe -- whose death Dorothy had also publicly questioned.Now a book on her death is about to appear. It is reviewed here.On the night before her shocking death, Dorothy Kilgallen, a star panelist on the hit TV game show "What's My Line?" correctly guessed the occupation of a mystery guest: a woman who sold dynamite.The glamorous, razor-sharp Kilgallen delighted viewers, but behind the scenes, the dogged and courageous reporter was hot on the trail of the biggest story of her life: the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.The morning after that show, on Nov. 8, 1965, the 52-year-old newspaper columnist hailed by The Post as "the most powerful female voice in America" was dead in her Manhattan town house. Her body was found sitting up in a bed, naked under a blue bathrobe, with the makeup, false eyelashes and a floral hair accessory she had worn on TV still on.After an autopsy, the city's chief medical examiner, James Luke, put on Kilgallen's death certificate: "Acute Ethanol and Barbiturate Intoxication, Circumstances Undetermined." Luke ruled her death accidental, caused by a combination of sleeping pills and booze.Quickly closing the case, the city left a tarnished image of Kilgallen as a possible drug abuser and alcoholic.The truth is far more complex and ominous, contends lawyer and veteran author Mark Shaw, whose exhaustively researched, true-life whodunnit, "The Reporter Who Knew Too Much" (Post Hill Press/Simon & Schuster), comes out Tuesday.The assassination of JFK remains the hottest of all conspiracy theorists' topics. Her death was just one part of the mystery. But because she had gotten in to interview Ruby, it had the greatest potential for opening up the question of the Mafia.My friend Bill Marina was convinced that Ruby acted alone. Bill studied the assassination in detail for over 40 years. He taught university courses on it. He was there on November 22, 1963. But he never wrote a book on it. He said he would, but he didn't.He told me this. Ruby stopped at Western Union to wire money. This was on the morning of Oswald's transfer to prison. No one knew what time this transfer would take place. Marina asked this: "If Ruby had been told by the mob to kill Oswald, why would he stop to wire money? Why wouldn't he have been in the police department's underground garage as soon as it opened?" These are legitimate questions.Still, the possibility of the mob's murder of Kilgallen is an open question. I hope the book provides plausible answers. It's about time.Here is the author's letter to the son of one of the most powerful Insiders in America, Cyrus Vance, who was Jimmy Carter's Secretary of State. Read it here.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Mark Shaw, the Author of the new Kilgallen book will appear on Black OP Radio:http://blackopradio.com/schedule.html
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Correction. Mark Shaw won't appear on BOR until 12/15/16. Late minute change.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

The Reporter Who Knew Too Much:http://www.thereporterwhoknewtoomuch.com
kjell roald

Post by kjell roald »

"The Manhattan District Attorney’s office is looking into the mysterious death 51 years ago of newspaper writer and “What’s My Line?” star Dorothy Kilgallen, who was investigating the JFK assassination, The Post has learned.The stunning development comes after a new book, “The Reporter who Knew Too Much,” suggests Kilgallen was murdered to shut down her relentless pursuit of a Mafia don linked to JFK and Lee Harvey Oswald."http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/30/ma ... -ties.html
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

kjell roald wrote:"The Manhattan District Attorney’s office is looking into the mysterious death 51 years ago of newspaper writer and “What’s My Line?” star Dorothy Kilgallen, who was investigating the JFK assassination, The Post has learned.The stunning development comes after a new book, “The Reporter who Knew Too Much,” suggests Kilgallen was murdered to shut down her relentless pursuit of a Mafia don linked to JFK and Lee Harvey Oswald."http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/30/ma ... ies.htmlIt would be great if they do and find something!
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Author Mark Shaw on The Opperman Report Show:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJLW_xWeRNc