Tommy Wilkens

x

Post by Tommy Wilkens »

x.
Douglas 606

Re: "The Bay of Pigs"

Post by Douglas 606 »

Tom Bigg wrote:

The Kennedys were lousy tacticians on many fronts, you don't antagonize dangerous elements if you know what's good for you.

RFK did that big time with the mafia and organized crime in general.

After how his father Joseph Kennedy had been involved in unsavory dealings, but seemingly was given many political benefits as the ambassador to Great Brittain, etc., apparently the sons forgot about, or chose to subscribe to the theory that there is a wall of separation between a person's business dealings, their religion, their politics, their family life, and their sexual shenanigans, etc..

There were too many tactical errors to count.

PBS ran a series on Kennedy this week that showed the Addison's disease and pharmacology connected to JFK's fight for physical health, how many drugs he was on for his health problems.

I remember when JFK nominated his brother for Attorney General. My gut reaction was this was a BIG mistake. As it turned out...it was.
Tom Bigg

THE BAY OF PIGS:

Post by Tom Bigg »

You look at all the attorney generals we have had in the USA, and how many of them have been political appointments?

Certainly the current one, a political hack and incompetent, and justice is supposedly blind?

It should be that bias should not come into play.

RFK was not the best guy for the job, with all the brilliant people

JFK had known at Harvard and elsewhere, surely Ted Sorensen or other advisers that could have come up with someone close to the best person for the job.

Nepotism was a major failing in the Kennedy clan.

Personally I believe in letting the truth and natural law play out, not winning at all costs.

If Nixon had won, the US probably would have invaded Cuba, to what effect?

I had a landlord whose family lost everything after the revolution, the pain, suffering and anger and resentment over the Cuba/Bay of Pigs failure cannot be overstated.

There is a member of the local coin club, Howard, who was in the military force that went into Bay of Pigs. The guy is proud of his military service, has war wounds and knows the martial arts, etc.; it would be interesting to get his take on the Kennedy presidency and counter-factuals, ie what would have happened if?
JDB4JFK

Post by JDB4JFK »

The CIA brainwashed the Cubans into believing it was Kennedy's fault for not giving them air support when it was the CIA'S secret invasion. The CIA knew a week before the invasion that the Russians and Castro knew about it, and they knew they would be waiting for them, but still went through with the invasion. My guess to make Kennedy look bad, but Dulles, Bissell, and Cabell didn't think Kennedy had the balls to fire them. As far as, Robert Kennedy goes he probably wasn't the best pick for the Attorney General, but Joe Kennedy knew that Jack needed someone in there that JFK could trust and could watch his back so he convinced Jack to put his brother Bobby in there. The problem was Bobby got so busy into trying to make a name for himself that he forgot the main reason he was in there, and that was to watch his brothers back. Another thing that bothers me about Bobby is why he didn't demand to be part of the investigation of the assassination? Johnson would have had to let him if he demanded too. Bobby knew these were hand picked men by Johnson and he knew Hoover hated the Kennedy's, so he had to know by letting them do the investigation it was going to come out with a rigged verdict!
Tom Bigg

Post by Tom Bigg »

When has the US government or intelligence services ever been held to account? They are professional liars. Look at all the hostility that has been dumped on Wikileaks and Snowden for...honesty! Look at all the people who came to the defense of Calley over ordering the My Lai massacre. People are going to argue it is "unpatriotic" to embarrass the US by telling the truth, what does it do to our political/cultural icons and American prestige?Did RFK have the emotional reserves to fight for the truth? How about Sorensen and the other Kennedy insiders? Did they really have the bellies for a long battle to expose the co-conspirators. I doubt it. Those who fought for the truth did not fare well. Whistleblowers never do.
Tommy Wilkens

x

Post by Tommy Wilkens »

x.
Tom Bigg

Post by Tom Bigg »

Is it that clear that if Nixon had been president then we would have had a nuclear exchange? You would have had a totally different set of dynamics, you can be sure that Cuba would have been invaded, liberated from Castro, the Soviet Union would have probably decided the cost was too great to cover Cuba. At least if Nixon had won in 1960, we would not have had him later, and Kennedy having lost probably would not have run again, that is the usual result. What politicians would have filled the void?
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

The CIA still doesn't want to talk about the Bay Of Pigs:http://www.vice.com/read/the-cia-still- ... ay-of-pigs