List of Withheld JFK Assassination Documents

JFK Assassination
Bob Jonas

Re: List of Withheld JFK Assassination Documents

Post by Bob Jonas »

As enticing as any declassified document release event sounds, I seriously doubt anything will come of it. Too much time and opportunity to destroy or alter anything incriminating. Still, maybe something will slip thru the cracks... One can hope.
AlanD

Post by AlanD »

Thanks J D Thomas and Ken Murray , I managed to get to the Mary Ferrell site where the 201 file is held.After a slow tortuous read , not sure if I am any the wiser.At least I now know a 201 is a CIA subject activity file and not an CIA employee file. The most interesting thing I found in the 217 pages , which I did not know was that Oswalds Fair Play for Cubamembership card was signed by A J Hidell (page 142) and that he had claimed to have spoken to Hidell onthe phone and that no one of that name lived in the New Orleans area.I always thought A J Hidell was supposed to be Oswald.
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

LHO was not the only person using the A. Hiddell alias at the time - Richard Case Nagell - it's well documented and discussed at length in Jim DeEugenio's 2nd edition of Destiny Betrayed
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

A number of the 'Oswald in Mexico City' documents still withheld.So this is interesting:... During a debate with Lane, Phillips (David Atlee) actually said that when the entire record was declassified, there would be no evidence that Oswald was ever at the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City.From Jim DiEugenio.Well fancy that!--------------------------------------------------------------Also, not all of LHO's 201 file has been released - the file is way in excess of 50 volumes, many of which are withheld because of classified information - not bad for someone of 'No interest to the CIA'! CIA NSF, IIICTELUGENCE FILE, OSWALD. 12110/1993 2 Top Secret LEE HARVEY, BOX 9
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »