THE REMOVAL OF JFK # 1 - # 41:

JFK Assassination
bobspez2

Re: THE REMOVAL OF JFK # 1 - # 41:

Post by bobspez2 »

1. My head is spinning for sure. Added to all the other reasons for the removal of JFK, (opposition to expanding the Vietnam war, the war against organized crime, the failure to go along with the Bay of Pigs invasion, back channeling with Khrushchev during the Cuban missile crisis, the firing of Allan Dulles and the attempt to break up the CIA power, the intent to change the practices of the Federal Reserve, the promotion of civil rights initiatives) we now have the possibility that JFK was attempting to learn about UFO's and was intending to share UFO knowledge with the Soviets. All of these actions in retrospect seem beyond what any other U.S. president has attempted before or since in terms of an attempt to dismantle the existing power structure. What is left is a question I don't believe we have discussed on this forum, which is why did JFK do that?2. On another topic discussed in this thread it seems to me that that James Angleton was significantly incompetent in his job as head of counterintelligence in the CIA. Colby said as much when he fired him, pointing out he had never achieved any results, never uncovered any moles in the CIA, and had erroneously conducted a witch hunt of CIA officers that hurt the agency more than if he had done nothing at all. It seems his only success was in gaining the support of Allan Dulles due to his efforts in hiding information on the FBI and CIA's files on Oswald from the Warren Commission. His career seems to have been a reward for this action. But it's hard to believe he was in any way part of the power structure since he accused Harriman of being a Soviet spy, and Harriman was the ultimate insider and part of Majestic 12.His judgement was often poor, from his being duped by Philby, to his following every suggestion from his Soviet KGB defector. That makes Angleton seem more like an unhinged incompetent than the brilliant spymaster he is credited with being. It makes it easy to understand why some thought he was acting like a KGB mole. But maybe for him the thrill was screwing everyone and getting away with it.