TEDDY KENNEDY - THE CHAPPAQUIDDICK FIX:

JFK Assassination
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

Tuesday07.16.20196:11 p.m.,Chicago, Illinois time:Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:Among the many allegations, denials, twists and turns in this matter over the years, I find mostinteresting that in a Death Case, the judge REFUSED to allow those at the party that Ted and Mary Joe attended, TO BE SUBPOENAED.The 07.18.1969 Accident and Death Case wherein Ted Kennedy admitted to being the driver, "...but claimed to not have been drinking prior at the party they were leaving" was neverproperly investigated according to many.This Factor alone is alleged to have Stopped a Grand Jury Indictment, and a Jury Trial for TedKennedy.Of course this entire matter also resurrected the seemingly never ending stories about MarilynMonroe, and both JFK, and RFK.What Total Negative Impact this all has had on JFK and RFK is still subject to speculation today.As always, I strongly recommend that you first read, research, and study material completely yourself about a Subject Matter, and then formulate your own Opinions and Theories.Any additional analyses, interviews, investigations, readings, research, studies, thoughts, or writings on any aspect of this Subject Matter ?Bear in mind that we are trying to attract and educate a Whole New Generation of JFK Researchers who may not be as well versed as you.Comments ?Respectfully,BB.U.S.'Justice wasn't served': 50 years since Chappaquiddick WILLIAM J. KOLE,Associated Press 7 hours ago FILE - In this March 28, 1970 file photograph, Leslie H. Leland, a druggist and foreman of the Dukes County grand jury, poses for a portrait in Vineyard Haven, Mass. on Martha's Vineyard. Leland was in charge of the jury conducting an independent probe into the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, who died when a car driven by U.S. Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., plunged off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island. It's been 50 years since the fateful automobile accident that killed a woman and thwarted Kennedy's presidential aspirations. (AP Photo/J. Walter Green, File)BOSTON (AP) — The crash ended a young woman's life, and with it, a man's White House dreams.U.S. Sen. Edward M. Kennedy's Oldsmobile sedan veered off a narrow bridge on Chappaquiddick Island, an extension of the resort island of Martha's Vineyard off the Massachusetts coast, and plunged into a moonlit pond 50 years ago Thursday. His passenger, 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne, drowned.Kennedy, 37, survived, but his presidential ambitions did not. The Massachusetts Democrat waited 10 hours to report the accident to police, and the "whys?" dogged him for the rest of his days.Half a century later, what did and didn't happen on Chappaquiddick Island on July 18, 1969, continues to fascinate and frustrate."Every time there's an anniversary, it's like it happened yesterday," Leslie Leland, who served as foreman of the grand jury that investigated, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from his home on the Vineyard.Now 79, Leland was a young pharmacist on the island when he was swept up in the aftermath. He recalls getting death threats and 24-hour police protection, and says he is still frustrated by the judge's refusal to subpoena anyone who was at the party or share key investigative documents — stymieing the grand jury's efforts to determine whether Kennedy had been drinking."If we'd been allowed to do our job, there would have been an indictment and a request to have a jury trial," he said. "Justice wasn't served. There were so many discrepancies, but we weren't allowed to do our jobs to get to the truth — whatever the truth may have been.""I was young, and I believed in the system," he continued. "I believed everyone played by the same rules. I learned they don't."Kennedy was driving after a party when his car flipped into the chilly waters, trapping Kopechne inside. She had been a campaign worker for Kennedy's brother, Robert, who was assassinated the previous year in Los Angeles during California's Democratic presidential primary.Kennedy, who managed to free himself from the submerged vehicle, said he tried in vain to rescue Kopechne. He later described his failure to report the accident to police for 10 hours as "indefensible," attributing the delay to exhaustion, shock and a concussion.The nation, too, was shocked. But it was also distracted by the historic Apollo 11 moon landing, which eclipsed news coverage. Kennedy, who insisted he hadn't been drinking, pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident and received a suspended sentence of two months in jail. He was never indicted.For Kopechne's family, bitterness has given way to a desire to honor her memory by telling her story and awarding scholarships in her name to bright young students, said William Nelson, a cousin born three years after she died. Kopechne's father died in 2003; her mother died in 2007."We've shifted into trying to have Mary Jo's life mean something," said Nelson, of Slatington, Pennsylvania. "She was kind of glossed over as the girl in the car. It was all about Ted Kennedy. She would have gone on to do great things."Kopechne's commitment to civil rights drew her to Robert Kennedy's campaign. Relatives believe she would have pursued more activism and perhaps a political career of her own."Mary Jo was ahead of her time for women in 1969, so I'm pretty sure she would have pioneered a new path for women in Washington," Nelson said. "The true tragedy of that night in Chappaquiddick is she never got that chance."And what of Kennedy's own legacy?Were it not for Chappaquiddick, Kennedy may well have been the Democrat who denied Richard Nixon a second term in 1972. But he didn't dare run then, and a later presidential campaign in 1980 fizzled."The phenomenon of the personal becoming political began with Chappaquiddick," said Patrick Maney, a Kennedy expert and professor of history at Boston College. "There was something different in American politics after Chappaquiddick than there was before."Even so, Kennedy went on to serve another four decades in the Senate, where he was one of the nation's longest serving and most influential legislators of the 20th century, securing his place in the pantheon of American politics.In "True Compass," a memoir published shortly after his 2009 death, Kennedy called Chappaquiddick "a horrible tragedy that haunts me every day of my life."Not surprisingly, nothing is planned to mark Thursday's anniversary at the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate, erected in his memory in the shadow of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum in Boston.On its website, Chappaquiddick — which inspired a 2018 film of the same name — appears only in a few obscure interviews conducted as part of an oral history project.___The AP Corporate Archives contributed to this report. Follow Bill Kole on Twitter at https://twitter.com/billkole .___This story has been corrected to show that Patrick Maney is a professor of history, not political science.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Thursday07.18.20195:26 p.m.,Chicago, Illinois time:Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:Ted claims he had no alcoholic beverages that night. Perhaps a first, but okay "I believe it."But the Judge Refused to allow Witnesses to be Subpoenaed from the party that Ted "...was notdrinking alcoholic beverages." Makes perfect sense to me.Mary Jo Kopechne had so much alcoholic beverages that she was placed blackedout/unconscious in the back seat of Teddy's car.Ted "...and another woman..." in the front seat went for a drive not knowing that that Mary Jo was in the back seat. Sure, that must be what really happened.Ted and another woman crashed in the car, and both swam to safety.I GET IT NOW ! BLACKEDEDOUT/DRUNK/UNCONSCIOUS MARY JO KOPECHNE IS AT FAULT. SHE DROWNEDHERSELF.PROBLEM SOLVED.It only took 40 years to come up with that "Explanation."TEDDY WAS CLEARLY INNOCENT.RIGHT !As always, I strongly recommend that you first read, research, and study material completely yourself about a Subject Matter, and then formulate your own Opinions and Theories.Any additional analyses, interviews, investigations, readings, research, studies, thoughts, or writings on any aspect of this Subject Matter ?Bear in mind that we are trying to attract and educate a Whole New Generation of JFK Researchers who may not be as well versed as you.Comments ?Respectfully,BB.U.S.50 Years After a Woman Mysteriously Drowned in Ted Kennedy's Car, a Letter Claims to Reveal the Truth Liz McNeil,People 1 hour 55 minutes ago It’s a mystery that’s lasted for 50 years and lingers still: What happened on the summer night in 1969 when a car driven by Sen. Ted Kennedy plunged off the Dike Bridge into the waters off of Martha’s Vineyard, killing his 28-year-old passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne?On July 18, 1969, Kopechne, who had worked on Sen. Robert F. Kennedy’s 1968 presidential bid, attended a reunion party with five of her fellow campaign workers, known as the “Boiler Room girls,” so named for their windowless office.The party, held at a rental cottage on the island of Chappaquiddick in Massachusetts, was also attended by Ted, Robert’s younger brother, along with five other men, some of whom had also worked on the campaign.What happened next that night remains unclear, even decades later. And many believe the scandal — beginning with Ted’s 10-hour delay in reporting the deadly accident as well as the lack of an autopsy and his evasiveness about answering the most basic questions about the events surrounding Kopechne’s death — kept him from reaching the White House.A friend who worked on his 1980 presidential campaign told PEOPLE this of Chappaquiddick: “It hung over him like a permanent cloud. It’s the question everywhere all the time. He knew that.”RELATED: 10 Revelations About the Deadly Scandal That Almost Brought Down a Kennedy:In his 2009 memoir, True Compass, Ted wrote: “That night on Chappaquiddick Island ended in a horrible tragedy that haunts me every day of my life. I had suffered sudden and violent loss far too many times, but this night was different. This night I was responsible. … Yes, it was an accident. But that doesn’t erase the fact that I had caused an innocent woman’s death.”Of what happened that night, he once said: “There is not going to be any new information that will challenge my testimony.”Not so: In the course of more than 60 interviews while reporting the Cover-Up podcast, PEOPLE learned otherwise.For example, as revealed in the series’ seventh episode, Kopechne’s surviving family received a letter in 2018 labeled “The Untold Story of Chappaquiddick.”In it, the writer (who declined to be interviewed by PEOPLE) described a lunch he had had years earlier with his wife and her friend, a woman who had attended the party the night Mary Jo died. The woman was referred to by a pseudonym, “Betty,” to protect her identity.The man’s letter described how Kopechne had had too much to drink that night in 1969 and did not feel well. Betty put her in the back seat of the senator’s car to rest and then she returned to the cottage where she, too, fell asleep.According to the letter, in the hours that followed Ted and another female party guest went for a drive in his car, unaware that Kopechne was in the back. When the car went over the bridge, Ted and his passenger escaped and returned to the party — unaware of who they left behind.The letter went on to say that when Betty woke up the next morning, she was told Ted’s car had crashed and she asked about Kopechne. To her surprise, no one had been aware of Kopechne’s presence in the vehicle.Once Betty relayed her story, according to the letter, “…the Kennedy damage control machine kicked in and informed the shocked senator.”It was only that next morning, after the upside-down car had been spied in Poucha Pond by two fishermen, that Ted went to the local police station to report the accident. (A spokesperson for Ted’s widow, Victoria Reggie, declined to comment on the letter last year.)A year after receiving the letter, Kopechne’s cousin Georgetta Potoski, now 79, still wonders if it’s the full story.“I’m not convinced the mystery has been solved,” she tells PEOPLE. “I know there are things that we do not know about what happened that night. The truth, even if it’s not what you want to hear, at least has some dignity around it.”“There was such a cover-up and such disregard for Mary Jo when she died,” Potoski says. “I don’t think there will ever be justice for the loss of her life. [But] I think the truth would make our hearts rest easier.”Kopechne would have been 79 this year. “She could have had a wonderful life,” Potoski says.“Maybe she would be a grandmother,” Potoski continues. “It would have been wonderful to have her in my life.”But Potoski and her son, William Nelson, are heartened by the renewed interest in Kopechne over the past year.“We feel Mary Jo is finally seen as the intelligent and lovely young woman she was,” says Potoski. “Finally, she’s no longer described as ‘the girl who died in the car.’ And our scholarship fund in her name at Misericordia University is coming along. We’ve granted two scholarships, and that’s brought happiness to us.”Says Nelson: “The first thing was to correct history in how people saw Mary Jo and to portray her accurately. With the book we wrote, Our Mary Jo and the podcast, now her memory and her character are more truthfully represented. Our second goal is to fund the scholarship in her name, so that her life continues to have an impact.”The family hopes that, finally, any remaining silence around the case is shattered.“The more we hear from people, the more people help us add pieces to the puzzle,” Nelson says, “and that will hopefully spur on others to share what happened. We still have questions, but we have come a long way.”For more on the Chappaquiddick scandal, listen to PEOPLE’s podcast Cover-Up on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play or wherever podcasts are available. And to continue the discussion, join our Facebook group to share your thoughts and theories or reach us directly at coverup@people.com.
kenmurray

Re: TEDDY KENNEDY - THE CHAPPAQUIDDICK FIX:

Post by kenmurray »

JDB4JFK

Post by JDB4JFK »

kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Investigative Reports: Chappaquiddick (With Bill Kurtis)........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um-rQhWznhk
bobspez2

Post by bobspez2 »

Does anyone besides me think Chappaquidick was an attempt to assassinate Ted Kennedy? He was in a good position to make a bid for President. From the first, the incident looked like a setup to me. Driving off a bridge on an unlit road at night never made any sense to me. Once he survived his presidential bid was over and so he was left alone.It reminds me of Jessica Savitch being found drowned in her car with ther dog in a canal behind a restaurant in new Hope, Pa. I've been to that restaurant and that canal is so narrow the car doors wouldn't open. For her car to land upside down in the canal it would have had to be tipped over sideways while parked parallel to the canal. A convenient way to stop Jessica's investigative news programs. The last one she did was the Vatican banking connection to South American dictators and the mafia.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

07.24.2019Wednesday2:18 p.m.,Chicago, Illinois time:Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:I firmly believe after all of my analyses, readings, research, study, and writings of The Removal of JFK,All Related Subject Matters, and Other Similar Subject Matters, often Historically, THAT THERE ARE TWO(2) TYPES OF ASSASSINATION, OFTEN USED INTERCHANGEABLY, ONE USED OBVIOUSLY AFTER THE ACTUAL REMOVAL OF A TARGET:1. Character Assassination, which often proceeds Actual Assassination, but is also often used AfterActual Assassination to "Deaden The Blow/Removal" (PARDON THE INTENDED PUN), and2. Actual Assassination, when Character Assassination is not Complete, Effective, Noteworthy, orTimely, etc.That said, My Opinion, I Completely Firmly, Totally Agree with Mr. Bob Spez that Chappaquiddick wasAN ACTUAL ATTEMPT TO ASSASSINATE SENATOR THEODORE "TED" KENNEDY.The Actual Attempt to Assassinate Senator Ted Kennedy having failed, Character Assassination wasVery Conveniently Used on Senator Ted Kennedy.As always, I strongly recommend that you first read, research, and study material completely yourself about a Subject Matter, and then formulate your own Opinions and Theories.Any additional analyses, interviews, investigations, readings, research, studies, thoughts, or writings on any aspect of this Subject Matter ?Bear in mind that we are trying to attract and educate a Whole New Generation of JFK Researchers who may not be as well versed as you.Comments ?Respectfully,BB.
bobspez2

Post by bobspez2 »

Thank you Bruce.