Only one headshot?

JFK Assassination
Tommy Bullgotti

Only one headshot?

Post by Tommy Bullgotti »

Though I believe Files' confession, I do believe there is a slight possibility to be one single headshot. This may not seem possible because of the slight head movement forward at the time of the headshot. However, I feel that, and I know others share this view, that the knoll is at an dowanward angle to JFK at the time of the fatal hit. The angle of the shot could have the push that can create the illusion of the head going slightly forward, but it really is just minimal. See as the head starts to go back and to the left immediately following the head shot, at a consistant speed, this may show that one shot was the fatal one. From the front right. Try moving your finger towards your temple at a slow downward angle. Push your head with the same angle your finger is going, and look what happens. Your head will go slightly down before going back. I still think I lean towards a double headshot, but I just believe that a single fatal blast could still be the origin.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Re: Only one headshot?

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

Dear Messrs. Wim Dankbaar, Thom Zajac, and Fellow JFK Forum Members:03.22.2006 - Tommy Bullgotti Posted this Headline and Very Interesting Query.Wim and Tom, given the ongoing Healthy, Spirited Discussion that you both are having about the Zapruder Film, JFK'S head wounds, witnesses in the hospital room, and all related Subject Matters, I thought that I would throw this into the mix for both of you.What do you both think about this analysis ?Comments ?Respectfully,Bruce Patrick Brychek.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

Thanks, Bruce.I think David Lifton has mentioned this too. Like many aspects of the shooting, it seems plausible, but it also seems unknowable. I do know that Files claims otherwise- says he missed the eye because of the other shot. But Im not as sold on all aspects of Files' story as many at this forum are.Here's one thing I absolutely DON"t believe about Files' story: Files claims that after firing the fatal shot he bit the shell and placed it standing on a rail of the wooden fence, and that that shell was discovered in the dirt by John Rademacher in 1987. This to me seems absurd.First, what hit man in his right mind would leave such incredibly incriminating evidence? What is the point?Second, no one sees it? Lots of people ran right to his spot looking for evidence and no one sees it on November 22, 1963? What?! And then it falls to the ground and the thousands upon thousands of people who search the area for 24 years don't find it? Oh please!I think Files had the casing planted shortly before its discovery, and it makes me think he has orchestrated his story in a big way. He makes a big point of saying he hasn't read much about the assassination and is no expert, but I simply do not believe him in this regard. I could be wrong, of course, but the casing part of the story just doesn't fly with me.
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

Tommy's analysis dos not wash with me. I understand waht he means , but there is just no credible pivot point to make this happen. I could entertain his thought if JFK were hit in the chin. You could imagine that if the chin is pushed backwards, the forehead tilts foreward. But JFK was not hit in the chin, he was hit in the right temple. Regarding Thom, it becomes clear now, for the first time to me, that he believes Files is a fabricator who concocted his story. In his words "orchestrated" his story to the extent of planting a shell casing shortly before it was discovered, but at least 6 years before he was approached by Joe West, leading to his confession. I have some other questions for Thom's scenario.- How did Files plant the shell shortly before 1987, while he was in a Wisconsin prison from 1980 to 1989?- How did Files know that Rademacher would dig up Dealey Plaza in 1987 and find that shell casing? - Why did Files not tell Joe West about his role as the grassy knoll gunman and the shell casing? After all , this would be his prefabricated chance to make his name.- Why did Files refuse the offer from Oliver Stone to tell and film his story exclusively to him. - How could Files foresee that FBI agent Zack Shelton would tip Joe west about his possible knowlegde of the JFK assassination, 6 years after "planting" his fake evidence? - Why did Files not speed up the process, after Rademacher found the casing? - If Files fabricated his story and is in fact the lying hoax that Thom Zajac purports him to be, why does he include ingredients that just don't fly with smart people as Thom? Why did he not weave a better story that people like Thom would also "buy"? -Why is Files respected and believed to be the real deal in Stateville, by his fellow inmates, the guards and the warden? Does Thom believe Files would survive there as the hoax trying to get a name for killing JFK? Or does Thom believe Files is able to fool his entire direct environment, because they are not as smart as Thom?
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

Let me begin my response to Wim by stating the obvious: this is just my opinion. Of course I realize I could be wrong. I realize Wim has put tremendous effort in Files and believes all/mostly all of what Files says, and I respect that. Maybe someday I'll be persuaded otherwise, but for now I'm not buying the shell story.Wim wrote:I have some other questions for Thom's scenario.- How did Files plant the shell shortly before 1987, while he was in a Wisconsin prison from 1980 to 1989?TZ: As I stated in my previous post. I suspect he had it planted.- How did Files know that Rademacher would dig up Dealey Plaza in 1987 and find that shell casing? TZ: He didn't know just who would find it and when, only that it probably would eventually.- Why did Files not tell Joe West about his role as the grassy knoll gunman and the shell casing? After all , this would be his prefabricated chance to make his name.TZ: I suspect Jimmy did not want to be too obvious- seems to me he is a very clever man.- Why did Files refuse the offer from Oliver Stone to tell and film his story exclusively to him. TZ: Could be for lots of reasons- perhaps he felt his story would not hold up under Stone's scrutiny.- How could Files foresee that FBI agent Zack Shelton would tip Joe west about his possible knowlegde of the JFK assassination, 6 years after "planting" his fake evidence? TZ- I don't think it mattered who tipped who or when. I think the idea probably was to have the shell planted and then wait for a good time to 'come clean.'- Why did Files not speed up the process, after Rademacher found the casing? TZ- Could be a number of reasons. maybe Jimmy got cold feet. Maybe he thought the timing wasn't right.- If Files fabricated his story and is in fact the lying hoax that Thom Zajac purports him to be, why does he include ingredients that just don't fly with smart people as Thom? Why did he not weave a better story that people like Thom would also "buy"? TZ- This is convoluted thinking. Files is a sharp character, I certainly give him that. I think he knows that a 'pat' story is less convincing than a story with a few odd or counter intuitive details.-Why is Files respected and believed to be the real deal in Stateville, by his fellow inmates, the guards and the warden? Does Thom believe Files would survive there as the hoax trying to get a name for killing JFK? Or does Thom believe Files is able to fool his entire direct environment, because they are not as smart as Thom?TZ- Well i guess that proves it then. As I've said before, I believe Files was CIA/Mafia, was in Dallas November 22, 1963 knew of and likely participated in the plot to kill JFK. But I'm just not sold on Files being the grassy knoll gunman. I'm smart enough to know I could be wrong.As I mentioned in my previous post, I have two main problems with the Files' shell case story:First, what hit man in his right mind would leave such incredibly incriminating evidence that could ruin the plan to blame the killing on a lone gunman firing from a different position? What is the point?Second, no one sees it? Lots of people ran right to his spot looking for evidence and no one sees it on November 22, 1963? What?! And then it falls to the ground and the thousands upon thousands of people who search the area for 24 years don't find it? Again, it's just my opinion. I guess I just find it beyond belief that the casing left on the fence- in the very spot dozens of people were looking for evidence- was not discovered.Would be curious as to what the others think about this.Thom
andries

Post by andries »

After 47 years of reseach the majority finaly agrees that LHO was the patsyand was verry cleverly set up and absolutely framed to be so.Now here comes a guy who say,s he planted and bit a shell as a signatureand states that if needed he was ready to shoot his way out thereFor me it all depends on the verry moment the cover up was planed if the cover up was planed weeks before it ,s impossible and unbelievable that someonewho,s involved as a shooter acts like Zorro.I f the cover up was born in a rush on the same day we might consider files as a candidate.
Bob

Post by Bob »

ThomZajac wrote:Let me begin my response to Wim by stating the obvious: this is just my opinion. Of course I realize I could be wrong. I realize Wim has put tremendous effort in Files and believes all/mostly all of what Files says, and I respect that. Maybe someday I'll be persuaded otherwise, but for now I'm not buying the shell story.Wim wrote:I have some other questions for Thom's scenario.- How did Files plant the shell shortly before 1987, while he was in a Wisconsin prison from 1980 to 1989?TZ: As I stated in my previous post. I suspect he had it planted.- How did Files know that Rademacher would dig up Dealey Plaza in 1987 and find that shell casing? TZ: He didn't know just who would find it and when, only that it probably would eventually.- Why did Files not tell Joe West about his role as the grassy knoll gunman and the shell casing? After all , this would be his prefabricated chance to make his name.TZ: I suspect Jimmy did not want to be too obvious- seems to me he is a very clever man.- Why did Files refuse the offer from Oliver Stone to tell and film his story exclusively to him. TZ: Could be for lots of reasons- perhaps he felt his story would not hold up under Stone's scrutiny.- How could Files foresee that FBI agent Zack Shelton would tip Joe west about his possible knowlegde of the JFK assassination, 6 years after "planting" his fake evidence? TZ- I don't think it mattered who tipped who or when. I think the idea probably was to have the shell planted and then wait for a good time to 'come clean.'- Why did Files not speed up the process, after Rademacher found the casing? TZ- Could be a number of reasons. maybe Jimmy got cold feet. Maybe he thought the timing wasn't right.- If Files fabricated his story and is in fact the lying hoax that Thom Zajac purports him to be, why does he include ingredients that just don't fly with smart people as Thom? Why did he not weave a better story that people like Thom would also "buy"? TZ- This is convoluted thinking. Files is a sharp character, I certainly give him that. I think he knows that a 'pat' story is less convincing than a story with a few odd or counter intuitive details.-Why is Files respected and believed to be the real deal in Stateville, by his fellow inmates, the guards and the warden? Does Thom believe Files would survive there as the hoax trying to get a name for killing JFK? Or does Thom believe Files is able to fool his entire direct environment, because they are not as smart as Thom?TZ- Well i guess that proves it then. As I've said before, I believe Files was CIA/Mafia, was in Dallas November 22, 1963 knew of and likely participated in the plot to kill JFK. But I'm just not sold on Files being the grassy knoll gunman. I'm smart enough to know I could be wrong.As I mentioned in my previous post, I have two main problems with the Files' shell case story:First, what hit man in his right mind would leave such incredibly incriminating evidence that could ruin the plan to blame the killing on a lone gunman firing from a different position? What is the point?Second, no one sees it? Lots of people ran right to his spot looking for evidence and no one sees it on November 22, 1963? What?! And then it falls to the ground and the thousands upon thousands of people who search the area for 24 years don't find it? Again, it's just my opinion. I guess I just find it beyond belief that the casing left on the fence- in the very spot dozens of people were looking for evidence- was not discovered.Would be curious as to what the others think about this.ThomThey don't call Thom a doubting Thomas for nothing. I have been studying the JFK assassination quite a bit since college. When I fist came up this site and the Jimmy Files story, I thought it was dubious to say the least. But I researched Files quite a bit, and like Jim Marrs, I have not found a red herring.TO JAMES FILES CONFESSION CRITICS: ANSWER ME THISby JIM MARRSFirst off let me set the record straight. I have not -- nor am I now --taking any particular position on the truthfulness of the James E. Filesconfession. I was not on the Grassy Knoll on November 22, 1963, so I cannotstate with any 100 percent assurance what really happened.All I have ever said on this matter is that I am aware of much more to thisstory than simply a talking-head videotaped confession and that I feel itdeserves more serious attention than it has received in the past. Those whohave been so quick to dismiss Files as a hoax do not know the full detailsof this issue. Others have personal problems with one or more of theresearchers who have brought the Files story public. Let's not toss out themessage just because we don't like the messenger. Never forget that thewhole Files story came about due to a tip from an FBI agent, not from merespeculation by some researcher.Despite what I feel to be an honest and open-minded attitude toward theFiles story on my part, I, along with anyone else who dares to admitinterest in this issue, have suffered much abuse on the Internet and otherplaces from some critics who, after superficial or no research, branded theFiles story a hoax.Without making a long, involved story even longer, I would simply like theanswers to the following three simple questions regarding James Files:HOW DID JAMES FILES KNOW THAT HUMAN TEETH IMPRESSIONS WOULD BE FOUND ON A.222-CALIBER SHELL CASING FOUND ON THE GRASSY KNOLL IN 1987?It is a fact that John C. Rademacher of Granbury, Texas, discovered a.222-caliber shell casing on the north Grassy Knoll in Dallas' Dealey Plazain 1987. He brought the casing to my class at the University of Texas atArlington in 1990. I recall asking him about strange marks on the casingbecause at the time I was very interested in the sabot or husk bullet issue.Rademacher said the mark was on the casing when he found it but that he hadno idea what it was.On May 3, 1993, researcher Bob Vernon along with TV executive Barry Adelmanfirst interviewed James E. Files in prison. Files claims to have used anunusual and expensive single-shot match pistol, a .222-caliber RemingtonXP-100 "Fireball", to shoot President Kennedy from behind the wooden picketfence on top of the Grassy Knoll. Toward the end of the interview, Filescasually mentioned that he had left the .222-caliber shell casing behind onthe Grassy Knoll and that if anyone was to find it they would know it washis. When asked how it could be identified, Files said he had bitten down onthe empty shell casing and left it behind on a cross piece of the woodenpicket fence. "It will have my teeth marks on it," he explained.Reflecting on this information, Vernon recalled seeing something about a manfinding a shell casing on the Grassy Knoll in the files of the late Texasresearcher Joe West. After locating the story in West's material, Vernonalong with Mrs. Joe West visited Rademacher in July, 1993, and first saw theshell casing with the markings on it. After about two months ofcorrespondence, Vernon finally obtained the shell casing in late September,1993, and sent it for study by Dr. Paul Stimson of the University of Texasat Houston, a member of the American Boards of Oral Pathology and ForensicOdontology. About Oct. 4, 1993, following days of microscopic examination,Dr. Stimson reported, "Opinion: The indentations are oriented on the shellcasing in a pattern that would be consistent with the maxillary rightcentral incisor making the larger mark and the two smaller marks would beconsistent with the lower right central and lateral incisors. It is myopinion that the marks are consistent with having been made by humanindentation."It is highly unlikely that this whole story could be a gigantic hoaxinvolving such diverse people as Dr. Stimson, Vernon, Joe West (who diedbefore ever learning of the casing connection between Rademacher and Files)and his wife, Adelman, Files, myself and others over a period of more thansix years.Having rejected the complicated hoax theory and considering that apparentlyno one in the world knew of the casing/teeth issue prior to Dr. Stimson'sfindings in October, 1993, I am left with the question --- If he had nofirst-hand knowledge, how did James Files know that human teeth impressionswould be found on a .222-caliber shell casing discovered on the Grassy Knollin 1987?HOW DID FILES FIND OUT ABOUT THE "WHITE STAR" TEAMS IN LAOS UNLESS HE WAS AMEMBER?During interviews with James E. Files, he told of his military record whichincluded a stint with the 82nd Airborne Division concerning covertoperations in Laos in 1959. He said he was supposedly out of the militarybut was actually being paid by the U.S. Army and specifically mentionedbeing part of the "White Star" teams to train Laotian Army regulars. Being aVietnam-era veteran myself and a lay historian, I was surprised that I hadnever heard of the "White Star" teams. In fact, I chalked this term up as apoint against Files since no one I knew had ever heard of such teams. Thenin the summer of 1996, in a telephone conversation with Col. FletcherProuty, I happened to mention that Files claimed to have trained LaotianArmy troops in 1959. "Oh, that was my operation," said Prouty. "They werecalled the White Star teams." Prouty explained that members of the "WhiteStar" teams were "sheep-dipped," He explained this process as "an intricateArmy-devised process by which a man who is in the service as a full careersoldier or officer agrees to go through all the legal and official motionsof resigning from the service. Then, rather than actually being released,his records are pulled from the Army personnel files and transferred to aspecial Army intelligence file. (The Secret Team: pp. 172-173)" This isexactly the process mentioned by Files and, obviously, could go far inexplaining some of the frustrations encountered in trying to verify hismilitary record. Prouty said the "White Star" teams were composed of"sheep-dipped" officers and men who were hired by a private company createdby the CIA and sent to Laos to train troops. Prouty's statements force thequestion --- If Files is a phony and never in the military (as some criticshave asserted), how did he know the correct term "White Star" teams and thecircumstances of their involvement in Laos.unless he was part of it?WHERE DID FILES LEARN OF AN "ABORT TEAM" IF NOT FROM JOHNNY ROSELLI?According to the Files confession, the JFK assassination was carried out byChicago mob hit man, Charles "Chuckie" Nicoletti on orders from boss SamGiancana. ".(Richard) Cain and Nicoletti were actual gunmen for the hit."wrote Giancana's brother Chuck in his 1992 book Double Cross (pp. 334-335).Files said the hit team originally was to be Nicoletti and mobster JohnnyRoselli. Files himself was only to have transported weapons to Dallas andacted as driver. But, according to Files, Roselli arrived in Dallas early onthe morning of November 22, 1963, by means of a "military flight". Rosellisaid the CIA had sent an "abort team" to Dallas to stop the assassinationand he declined to participate saying they would all be killed. Undaunted byRoselli's fears, Nicoletti decided to move ahead with the carefully-laidplans and so asked Files --- a man who had been his driver and confederatein several other jobs --- to back him up. Many critics have questioned whyFiles at such a young age and not being a "made" Mafia man would have beenincluded on something as important as the JFK assassination. This is a verygood question but it appears answered in this account of Files' last-minutesubstitution after Roselli suddenly backed out, fearful of being killed byan "abort team".Files' use of the term "abort team" was only the second time in my career Ihad heard that term. The first involved a "black ops" military pilot whoalso mentioned an "abort team' --- and in connection with the JFKassassination!!William Robert "Tosh" Plumlee claimed to have been involved in secretgovernment skullduggery beginning before the Bay of Pigs invasion andlasting through the Iran-Contra scandal. I have reams of FBI and DEA reportson Plumlee and they state he was claiming to have knowledge of the JFKassassination as far back as the 1970s. In addition to his numerousgovernment files, Plumlee was called for secret testimony during theIran-Contra hearings. He obviously is a credible source.In the late 1980s, Tosh took me on a guided tour of Dallas and presented anincredible story of how he piloted a plane from Florida to New Orleans onNovember 21, 1963. In New Orleans, he picked up a team of men, along withsome small cases, and flew them to Dallas, arriving early on Nov. 22.Originally slated to land at Red Bird Airport, he was diverted to GarlandAirport due to early morning rain and overcast. Here the team disembarked.This group was largely unknown to Tosh except for one man whom he hadpiloted before. He only knew this man as "Colonel John Roselli". Tosh alsosaid he was told that the group were an "abort team" sent to Dallas to stopan assassination attempt on President Kennedy. Tosh's account of thisflight, his observations in Dealey Plaza and his planned return trip to meetDavid Ferrie in Houston make for a fascinating tale, one that has never beendisproved.Tosh says he flew Roselli into Dallas on a military plane and Roselli tellsFiles he arrived on a military flight. Tosh said the flight was to bring inan "abort team" and Roselli bows out of his part in the assassinationconfessing fear of an "abort team". Since Tosh and Files are the only twopeople I have ever heard mention an "abort team" and since by all researchTosh and Files never met, how could Files have known about an "abort team"unless his story of Roselli's statements are true?Now I am the first to admit that there are problems with the Filesconfession, mostly due to the lack of substantiating documentation. Ofcourse, men like Files don't live long or prosper with the Chicago mob orCIA by leaving behind a well-managed paper trail. In my study of this issue,I have found many small things which seem to corroborate his story. Three ofthese are mentioned above.There remains much more research to be done on the Files. In the meantime,if someone will simply give me a credible and well-supported answer to theabove three questions, I might consider joining the chorus of nay-sayers inthe James Files confession.-Jim Marrs Bottom line, I understand Thom's skepticism, but I also believe that Thom will eventually see things differently down the road. This forum has people with various opinions no doubt. That is fine, as long as we debate respectfully. Thom is VERY respectful. Finally, this goes out to Thom and ANYONE that hasn't read Doug Horne's book...GET IT!!!
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

- How did Files plant the shell shortly before 1987, while he was in a Wisconsin prison from 1980 to 1989?TZ: As I stated in my previous post. I suspect he had it planted.You "suspect" he had it planted? By whom? Bruce! Are you in on Thom's "conspiracy"? If not , would you please ask James in your next meeting who planted that shell casing for Jimmy, and why he kept that hidden for his best living friend? Wim
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

Dear Mr. Wim Dankbaar, and Fellow JFK Forum Members:Wim - I had two lunch meetings with Jimmy this week. We send you, your family, and your sister our Very Best Regards, As Always.Jimmy and I discussed these concerns in the past. Jimmy stated emphatically that he left the shell casing as he stated in his interviews. He stands on his Two Interviews, Confessions Of An Assassin, 1993, and Files On JFK, 2003.I know that Jimmy could not have had the shell casing planted, nor would he. For what reason ? For what advantage ? For what gain ? None. None. None.Wim - This is another example of why Jimmy and I have drawn a Line In The Sand after his Second Interview, Files On JFK, 2003, and do not become involved in any discussions of this nature whatsoever. I put material out there for research and study that is of advantage and interest to Jimmy and myself.We have moved on with our own agendas.You can convince some of the people all of the time.You can convince all of the people some of the time.But you can not convince all of the people all of the time.So it will always be.Jimmy stands on his Two Excellent Interviews. He and I will never discuss another matter covered and discussed therein, unless it benefits and suits our needs.Believe the interviews.Don't believe the interviews.We simply don't care. It does not affect us one bit.All of my research and study on the JFK Forum is devoted to other matters that are of importance and interest to Jimmy and myself.Like me. Don't like me.Agree with me. Don't agree with me.I simply don't care.I have moved on and research and study other Subject Matters that are of interest to Jimmy and myself.I mean No Disrespect to others. Keep your opinions. Believe what you likeI am not here to change opinions."A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."Jimmy and I have all of our own projects. We wish everyone the destination of truth in all of your research and study, regardless of the Subject Matter.Best Regards, And Good Luck To All. If you are sincere in your heart and mind, and free of emotion and pre-determination as much as possible, then continue with real and sincere research and study on Subject Matters that are of interest to you.Comments ?Respectfully,Bruce Patrick Brychek.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

My goodness.Maybe Bob is right and I'll someday come around to believing Jimmy Files' story as absolutely true. And maybe it is true- I didn't say that it wasn't, only that it doesn't ring completely true with me. He's changed a few things in his story (how much he was paid, for example, among other things) and he's admitted to not telling everything so as not to give anyone up. My point is, you can't take everything he says to the bank. And so how do you know what is true and what is not?Can anyone tell me how it would be possible that no one would find the casing on the fence railing that day or in the days after?And how the thousands of people picking through the dirt did not find it during the next twenty or so years?Yes, of course it is possible that somehow the shell went undetected, but for me, my opinion, that just seems next to impossible.Jimmy's story could be essentially true, and he could be telling the truth about the shell. Of course.But is is such a crime for me to say I don't believe he was the grassy knoll shooter?