Vince Lombardi and JFK

JFK Assassination
SeamusCoogan

Re: Vince Lombardi and JFK

Post by SeamusCoogan »

Just read it Lombardi totally rocks. I love his attitude. Man did he like a beer or was he Tee Totaler?
Bob

Post by Bob »

SeamusCoogan wrote:Just read it Lombardi totally rocks. I love his attitude. Man did he like a beer or was he Tee Totaler?Vince would have a beer or two once in awhile, but he preferred cocktails. In fact, after he became head coach of the Packers, Vince always had a 5:00 cocktail hour on the Friday before the game that he hosted for the writers and close friends. All comments were OFF the record however. Plus, after each home game, Vince and his wife Marie would host a postgame party in the basement rec room of their Green Bay home. I've read a lot of books about Vince, and the one I like the most is When Pride Still Mattered by David Maraniss. I also have a book written by Vince himself called Run To Daylight. But in terms of getting the essence of Lombardi and the Packers of his era, the best book was definitely Instant Replay by Jerry Kramer and Dick Schaap. I read that book EVERY year, right when training camp opens for the Packers.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Another piece about Vince and Jack...http://packerchatters.com/?p=15302
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

That one will be a classicVery good Bob
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks Joe. My Vince was figuring out how to chase squirrels while I wrote that.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Cool Bob, you could teach a good history course of the 20th Century as seen through the prism of sports. I think your students would gain insight without knowing it. Maybe sports is a metaphor for life and living. Sports was very important to me and my self-esteem growing up, but through the years I have become some what weary about it, but the same can be said about life as well. Lindsey Nelson was the best in my book, and Chris Schenkel was pure class as well.Thanks Bob wrote:Another piece about Vince and Jack...http://packerchatters.com/?p=15302
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

I have long thought sports kept people's minds off things they should be looking at.Bobs articles make me see all my concerns are not justified.I have learned something so i guess you can teach an old dog new tricks Bob has a unique ability to get good information into a spectrum where it can be understoodby folks who might not otherwise be exposed to it on a level they can accept.Bob and all on this forum, I am proud to know each and everyone of you.on a lighter note, I thought I knew everything of importance but it seams as though I am exposed to something new every day here on the forum Thanks guys and gals
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Joe,I second your words about those on this forum. Though I have not read as much as you all have from other forums. I have read enough to know that some, if not most posting on those forums seem to want win arguments. More of personal struggle and ambition versus being educated or enlightened. Most if not all on our forum debate the issues, but for a common cause, and it all helps to refine our ideas and thoughts. In my actual and even in most of my virtual existence on the internet I am and am known to be very political, but on here I try with very few exceptions from temptation to keep the politics out of this because the cause is more important then the issues. I dig the fact that everybody on this forum comes from a different place, and a different perpspective in life, but we share common bond of wanting better for our country and ourselves and the unknown future.Kirk
Bob

Post by Bob »

Dealey Joe wrote:I have long thought sports kept people's minds off things they should be looking at.Bobs articles make me see all my concerns are not justified.I have learned something so i guess you can teach an old dog new tricks Bob has a unique ability to get good information into a spectrum where it can be understoodby folks who might not otherwise be exposed to it on a level they can accept.Bob and all on this forum, I am proud to know each and everyone of you.on a lighter note, I thought I knew everything of importance but it seams as though I am exposed to something new every day here on the forum Thanks guys and galsThanks Joe. But it is people like yourself and so many others in this forum that make it a great place to share information.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Kirk wrote:Joe,I second your words about those on this forum. Though I have not read as much as you all have from other forums. I have read enough to know that some, if not most posting on those forums seem to want win arguments. More of personal struggle and ambition versus being educated or enlightened. Most if not all on our forum debate the issues, but for a common cause, and it all helps to refine our ideas and thoughts. In my actual and even in most of my virtual existence on the internet I am and am known to be very political, but on here I try with very few exceptions from temptation to keep the politics out of this because the cause is more important then the issues. I dig the fact that everybody on this forum comes from a different place, and a different perpspective in life, but we share common bond of wanting better for our country and ourselves and the unknown future.KirkI concur my friend.