What do you think of this new "debunking" of the headshot?

JFK Assassination
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Re: What do you think of this new "debunking" of the headshot?

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

saracarter766 wrote:bahahahahahaha pasquale yeah i read Master-Sergeant's post and i have never laughed so hard in my days you totally wiped the floor with him pasquale that was the best epic pwn'ed i have ever seen that was just absolutely amazing. I told you it was good for a laugh!!!The next time the "master" says something stupid to me, I'm going to say "Think with yer dipstick, JIMMY!!!!!"
Pennyworth

Post by Pennyworth »

Pasquale DiFabrizio wrote:I have to agree with Martin. It's not a headshot. People don't fly backwards in the air when their shot like in the movies. Now, if they're sitting in a car and get shot in the head from the right front, their head would go back and to the left! Maybe we should e-mail Mythbusters and ask them to demonstrate that headshot. It's such a no-brainer that they probably wouldn't do it, but maybe if we tell them that it's a MYTH that JFK was NOT shot from the front and to prove it on their show! How very interesting! I think I'm going to e-mail them myself!Hello Pasqulae,In response to your PM,I know virtually nothing of headshots or bullets or guns for that matterBut looking at it from the perspective of a layman, wouldn't the head shot reaction direction depend on the angle of the shot received ?For example. the right front shot could hit at a left or right angle from the bullet's impact.I dont know how a person who is shot in the head would fall... It would appear to be logical that he would fall away from the force hitting him
Pennyworth

Post by Pennyworth »

In response to someone's question MIkeNarret is part of Dan's Clan IMO
MikeNarrett

Post by MikeNarrett »

Yup you got me Paul. Dan is paying me $6.66 an hour to post on this site.
Pennyworth

Post by Pennyworth »

MikeNarrett wrote:Yup you got me Paul. Dan is paying me $6.66 an hour to post on this site.I figured he was a cheap s.o.b I'm surprised he pays you anything
John Beckham

Post by John Beckham »

wow Bob, i thought you said this would end?
John Beckham

Post by John Beckham »

[quote="Pennyworth"]In response to someone's question MIkeNarret is part of Dan's Clan IMO[/quote]Further more, Mr. Narret is not on my payroll!
Bob

Post by Bob »

There will be NO more warnings. Wim knows the score. This stops NOW. Any issues with anyone...contact Wim. If I see anymore of this behavior I will do what I have to do. TGIF!!!
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

MikeNarrett wrote:Yup you got me Paul. Dan is paying me $6.66 an hour to post on this site.lol MikeNarret nice one haha.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

Pennyworth wrote:Pasquale DiFabrizio wrote:I have to agree with Martin. It's not a headshot. People don't fly backwards in the air when their shot like in the movies. Now, if they're sitting in a car and get shot in the head from the right front, their head would go back and to the left! Maybe we should e-mail Mythbusters and ask them to demonstrate that headshot. It's such a no-brainer that they probably wouldn't do it, but maybe if we tell them that it's a MYTH that JFK was NOT shot from the front and to prove it on their show! How very interesting! I think I'm going to e-mail them myself!Hello Pasqulae,In response to your PM,I know virtually nothing of headshots or bullets or guns for that matterBut looking at it from the perspective of a layman, wouldn't the head shot reaction direction depend on the angle of the shot received ?For example. the right front shot could hit at a left or right angle from the bullet's impact.I dont know how a person who is shot in the head would fall... It would appear to be logical that he would fall away from the force hitting himIn short, the Mythbusters did NOT debunk the debunk headshot issue of JFK's head being thrown back and to the left. I'll put it like this, Pennyworth. In the movies, like in Dirty Harry movies or other action movies, they often have someone getting shot and being THROWN backwards...often into the air. That just doesn't happen. Think of it like getting hit with a baseball bat. In the case of a high-velocity bullet, it's the same and only moreso. If you walk up to someone and hit them in the body with a baseball bat, and I'm talking about a good full swing, they might get shoved back a couple of feet from the sheer force of it, but they certainly won't go flying through the air. Now if you hit them in the head, yes, their head will go back from the force. I'll look up some feet-per-second and foot-pound ballistics tables to give you an example. Here's a link from Shooting Times. You can enter the bullet type and it will give the general breakdown. http://www.shootingtimes.com/ballistics ... x=6&y=6For the Remington Fireball, it's about 750 foot pounds of force at 100 yeards. That simply won't lift someone off the ground. Also, remember that when the round penetrates THROUGH the target, a lot of that foot-pound energy is lost because the target doesn't absorb it all. So, by comparison, lots of people think that someone might get shoved back more if they are shot with a .357 magnum. The round certainly does pack a lot more punch, but shooting someone with a .357 will undoubtedly go THROUGH them and probably through the person behind them, etc. They won't ABSORB all that force. The closest you can get to someone being pushed back from getting shot might be a shotgun with dear slugs (a SOLID piece of lead) or buck shot at close range, but they STILL won't go flying through the air. Either way, if they're sitting in the chair and there's a headshot, their head and torso will certainly go in the direction that the bullet is traveling.Here's a common-sense example. Let's say someone is standing in front of you and you punch them in the chest or something. They might be shoved back a little by the force of the punch. If they're sitting in the back of a limo and you punch them in the head, their head WILL travel in the direction that the punch is thrown because it's not the entire weight of the body absorbing that punch but only the head and torso. Whew! That was long-winded of me, but I hope I explained it.