How to convince a non-believer

JFK Assassination
katisha

Re: How to convince a non-believer

Post by katisha »

Very neat, Thom. Maybe we won't need as much documentation as I was thinking. I've seen those clips of the Parkland doctors, and as you say, they're very compelling. Do you know if they were taken at the time? I'm just thinking if they weren't spontaneous comments (and hand-gestures), made on the same day, as evidence they could be open to accusations of collusion, or suggestions of faulty memory etc - not that any such accusations would necessarily be true, but it might tend to reduce their value as absolute evidence. Anyway, I'll wait and see what you find.Didn't know about the mortician's affadavit; thanks for telling me - I'll have a look at it.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

katisha wrote:Very neat, Thom. Maybe we won't need as much documentation as I was thinking. I've seen those clips of the Parkland doctors, and as you say, they're very compelling. Do you know if they were taken at the time? I'm just thinking if they weren't spontaneous comments (and hand-gestures), made on the same day, as evidence they could be open to accusations of collusion, or suggestions of faulty memory etc - not that any such accusations would necessarily be true, but it might tend to reduce their value as absolute evidence. Anyway, I'll wait and see what you find.Didn't know about the mortician's affadavit; thanks for telling me - I'll have a look at it.Glad you like the idea (sorry for my sloppy typos). The doctor testimony will be attacked by the bad guys for a variety of reasons (not under oath, they were guessing etc), but open-minded people, in my opinion will be blown away, Not just one doctor- all of them!I don't know when I'll get to this, but I will....
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

I usually start with showing them the Zapruder film's headshot. Most of my friends who have half a brain recognize that back-and-to-the-left motion as being caused by a final shot from the front.I next tell them the official version of the path of the magic bullet. Actually, just telling them about the magic bullet's supposed path and where it was found, and its pristine condition (only rifling marks on it and no flattening of the nose) pretty much convinces them that the official story is BS. This is ALWAYS where I start when I'm talking to someone who doesn't know much about the JFK assassination.Then, they come back with more questions, and I encourage them to look up, or Google, or whatever, any information that they might be skeptical about.Then I warn them about disinformation people on forums. That's when I warn them about sites like McAdams and authors like Posner and guys like Dale Myers.
katisha

Post by katisha »

Yes, Pasquale, that's one I missed.I'd definitely show them a photo of the bullet and the description of the wounds it was supposed to have caused. I might have a rootle through the WC stuff and see if I can find them and post a link here.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

katisha wrote:Yes, Pasquale, that's one I missed.I'd definitely show them a photo of the bullet and the description of the wounds it was supposed to have caused. I might have a rootle through the WC stuff and see if I can find them and post a link here.I don't know of anybody I have shown the Zapruder film headshot to who didn't look at the headshot and didn't think it came from the right front...and I mean NOBODY. The last person I showed it to was a Republican Bush supporter who is a former Marine. He saw the headshot and immediately said something like "He was shot from the front!" Don't forget to tell them that the magic bullet supposedly just fell out of Conally's leg and was found in the hospital hallway! LOLHere's a picture of it. Just right-click and save it.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

The nearly pristine magic bullet is powerful evidence, no doubt about that. But in my opinion, it is not the best evidence, nor a good place to start. It requires a level of understanding that is not all that easy to grasp for those unfamiliar with many details of the assassination. I, of course, agree with the assertion that the single bullet theory is a sick fairy tale, but I do think the Parkland doctors testimonies are more directly to the point. As David Lifton so keenly has pointed out, the body is the best evidence. And in this case, the Parkland Hospital doctors descriptions of the fatal head wounds could not be more clear.Here are a few links (more to come)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksPOObPv ... h0-2Sthn9A
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

Katisha wrote-"Thanks Thom, those interviews with the Parkland doctors are great. They were part of what turned me into a believer, but this imaginary non-believer of mine is a bit of a cynic, and he won't accept them because they aren't contemporaneous. He's a stubborn git!"Well, there is the problem; non-believers will almost always find a reason to dismiss evidence, or to not even look at it. Does he think the doctors ALL are in error due to faulty memories? Or that they have been corrupted? I suspect that if the testimonies were more contemporaneous he would find another reason to dismiss them, such as 'not all of them were under oath," or "the questions were taken out of context." Sorry for my grumpiness on this, and I know I am righteous, but I am continually amazed by the power of denial.My guess is you'll get nowhere with your stubborn git. I hope I am wrong and I wish you luck.
katisha

Post by katisha »

ThomZajac wrote:Katisha wrote-"Thanks Thom, those interviews with the Parkland doctors are great. They were part of what turned me into a believer, but this imaginary non-believer of mine is a bit of a cynic, and he won't accept them because they aren't contemporaneous. He's a stubborn git!"Well, there is the problem; non-believers will almost always find a reason to dismiss evidence, or to not even look at it. Does he think the doctors ALL are in error due to faulty memories? Or that they have been corrupted? I suspect that if the testimonies were more contemporaneous he would find another reason to dismiss them, such as 'not all of them were under oath," or "the questions were taken out of context." Sorry for my grumpiness on this, and I know I am righteous, but I am continually amazed by the power of denial.My guess is you'll get nowhere with your stubborn git. I hope I am wrong and I wish you luck.Yeah, fair enough Thom; I think I was a bit harsh on your contribution (besides which I said in the first post that we didn't HAVE to stick to primary sources, so I kinda moved the goalposts a bit). Apologies for that.OK, my imaginary friend is stubborn and cynical, but he's also intelligent and prepared to accept well-researched and presented persuasive evidence, as well as just black-and-white yes-or-no evidence. Your links would, at the very least, 'give him furiously to think' as Hercule Poirot might say
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

i'm just gonna state my opinion here i never have and never will believe a bullet that was supposedly to have done 7 injures and it comes out nearly pristine i just don't believe that at all and i also believe oswald was innocent of this tragedy the higher ups just set him up and he sadly took the fall for this tragic murder. this is my opinion though and arlen specter should be ashamed to have taken a part in this tragedy the man makes me wanna puke.
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

Im with Sara on this one, the SBT proves conspiracy, CE399 is the absolute proof of Conspiracy.No matter how many cartoon/computer graphics show, no bullet as ever done what CE399 is claimed to have done, and come out so pristine. IMO