Worst Books on the JFK Assassination

JFK Assassination
katisha

Re: Worst Books on the JFK Assassination

Post by katisha »

Robert, why don't you like "Jack Ruby by Garry Willis and Ovid Demaris"? I read that recently and found it very interesting. I also think the Aynesworth and Huffaker books might have some good background material, since they were both there in Dallas that weekend - regardless of their views re conspiracy or otherwise.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Katisha, I wouldn't trust anything Aynesworth has to say.http://www.ctka.net/aynes.htmlHe was also part aof a disinformation campaign to smear Jim Garrison.http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKaynesworth.htm
Tom Bigg

Post by Tom Bigg »

Thanks for that list. The rationale for why the writers presented an excuse for another book varies, from government hacks who always learned to follow their superiors, to shameless money hounds who believed that by supporting the PTB and their official version and smearing honest truth tellers--that their own careers and friends lists would increase. Some of the writers are a mystery--like Vincent Bugliosi--he must have had a lot of time on his hands and wanted to impress his readers with a fat book. I had thought he had a reputation as an honest and successful prosecutor. Even Gerry Spence, who took the conspiracy side in a mock trial, was impressed by Vincent's abilities and was unable to beat him at least in the jury's estimation.
Tom Bigg

Post by Tom Bigg »

Another idea for a thread: "The stupidest assassination theories".
katisha

Post by katisha »

Robert Morrow wrote:Actually, Katisha you can learn a lot from the lone nutter books and even the Lamar Waldron books if you read with a critical mind.Dale Meyer's "With Malice" has photos, maps, pictures that you can learn from even if his theories are bogus.The key is to read EVERYTHING with a critical mind.Thanks for the advice, Robert. You've read all the books on your list, then?
Brian White

Post by Brian White »

The stupidest book on the assassination,without doubt-"My God,I'm Hit",Brian Andersen-(it was all a fake,that was just a movie squib on JFK's head).