Executive Action

JFK Assassination
Dealey Joe

Executive Action

Post by Dealey Joe »

Executive Action is a 1973 movie about the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy, written by Dalton Trumbo, Donald Freed and Mark Lane, and directed by David Miller. The film opened to a storm of controversy over the depiction of the assassination: in some places in the U.S., the film ran only 1 to 2 weeks in movie theaters or got pulled from them altogether. The movie was part fiction, but it would contest other reports of the assassination, including the controversial Warren Commission report of 1964, which led to attacks against the film. The trailers for the film never ran on certain television stations, including WNBC-TV in New York City. The criticism of the film and its suggestion of a Military-industrial complex conspiracy led to the film being removed totally from the movie theaters by early December 1973 and getting no TV/Video runs until the 1980s and mid-1990s, when it got legal release and distribution for TV and video. The film was originally released on November 7, 1973, almost two weeks before the tenth anniversary of the JFK Assassination.I have a few extra copies of this movie availableActually it is very good especially for 1973.For a Free Copy send mailing information to voiceoftruth@hughes.net
Brian White

Re: Executive Action

Post by Brian White »

I did a post awhile back about this movie coming out on DVD-I think it's an excellentfilm-like it better than "JFK". It has it's flaws, like 1970's style haircuts on some characters,and 1970's model cars being visible in the backgrounds of some scenes,but that is easy tooverlook.Good performances from Burt Lancaster and Robert Ryan(in his last film).
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

I also have Bob Harris' DVD "The Attack In Dealey Plaza"if anyone wants their own copy.
katisha

Post by katisha »

Just watched this (at least, the first six parts on youtube).I'm absolutely astounded at how much these guys knew, only ten years after the event.I recommend this movie; it's excellent.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

katisha wrote:Just watched this (at least, the first six parts on youtube).I'm absolutely astounded at how much these guys knew, only ten years after the event.I recommend this movie; it's excellent. Katisha, Donald Freed who wrote the book Executive ActIon will be on BOR next thursday at 9pm est:http://www.blackopradio.com/schedule.ht ... Kfreed.htm
katisha

Post by katisha »

Thanks Ken, I'll look forward to that.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Executive Action

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

06.25.2017:Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:06.23.2011 - Joe "Dealey Joe" Hall, a Long Time Respected Moderator and Member of the JFKMS Forum, originally Posted this Essential Headline and Supporting Material about Executive Action,the movie.I suggest that you review and consider this information in conjunction with the other EXECUTIVEACTION Headlines and Supporting Material here on the JFKMS Forum.As always, I strongly recommend that you first read, research, and study material completely yourself about a Subject Matter, and then formulate your own Opinions and Theories.Any additional analyses, interviews, investigations, readings, research, studies, thoughts,or writings on any aspect of this Subject Matter ?Bear in mind that we are trying to attract and educate a Whole New Generation of JFKResearchers who may not be as well versed as you.Comments ?Respectfully,BB.