Now the big question: what side was Oswald on?

JFK Assassination
myra

Now the big question: what side was Oswald on?

Post by myra »

I think it's pretty clear that the patsy, Oswald, was an FBI informant (#179) and a CIA "assett." What isn't clear to me though, and may never be clear, is: did he think that he was infiltrating a plot to kill the president or that he was part of the plot to kill JFK?

What do you all think?

I just have this gut feeling that he wasn't evil, but I probably just want to think that.

Myra
Billy Boggs

Post by Billy Boggs »

When ever a "Souled" person comes into contact with pure evil, in its many covert, misleading, disguises, there is a price to pay.

Oswald like many who have attempted to serve this nation, was in way above his patriotic head, and didnt know who he was really dealing with. I believe he was a good person who was used to a bad end. He, like Kennedy didnt know the real people they were dealing with. That ignorance was the true killer, of both.
myra

Post by myra »

Billy Boggs wrote:When ever a "Souled" person comes into contact with pure evil, in its many covert, misleading, disguises, there is a price to pay. Oswald like many who have attempted to serve this nation, was in way above his patriotic head, and didnt know who he was really dealing with. I believe he was a good person who was used to a bad end. He, like Kennedy didnt know the real people they were dealing with. That ignorance was the true killer, of both.

That was beautifully stated. Thank you Billy.

It certainly was...actually *is* pure evil. As pure as any that's ever existed on the planet. And given how widespread the conspiracy was...is, the implications are pretty horrifying.

Obviously I wish both JFK and LHO had understood what they were facing, but at that time I don't think it was possible to grasp the true depth and scope of the darkness. Even three years later, five years later, Malcolm X and RFK didn't really know.

MLK though, I think he had a pretty good inkling. At least his last--"I've been to the mountaintop"--speech indicates that he did.
Douglas 606

Re: Now the big question: what side was Oswald on?

Post by Douglas 606 »

I seriously doubt that Oswald was a real double agent. That being said, he could have been a false double agent.
Douglas 606

Post by Douglas 606 »

New Orleans Public Library records reveal that Oswald had checked out all of the James Bond novels. What does that tell you?His wife stated that cars would stop by the house and that Lee would go outside, sit in these cars and talk to the occupants. He never told what they talked about. She also used to taunt him about all of his "black operations".Oswald was a false defector to the USSR [undercover spy]. He was prepared for his time in Russia by being trained at the Marine Corps base in California.Oswald somehow did not go outside his rooming house and talk to the cops when they tooted their car horn after the assassination [as reported by his landlady]. Instead he grabbed a pistol and headed to the Texas Theatre. He did not pay to enter. He was carrying 1/2 of a cereal box top. He sat by at least four people hoping to connect with his 'contact' person. I assume by then he realized he had either goofed up or had been abandoned by his handlers. We all know what happened after that.On that same note, he may not have known there was going to be an actual assassination that day. Chancey Holt claims that he was told there was going to be a "disturbance" on Nov 22 and that he was not told there was going to be an actual assassination.Its all about ""Need to know"".
Tommy Wilkens

x

Post by Tommy Wilkens »

x
Bob

Post by Bob »

Good stuff, Tommy. One month and six days later, George DeMohrenshildt was dead. Supposedly due to "suicide". Uh huh, right. On the very same day DeMohrenshildt was killed, so was Chuck Nicoletti. Two more witnesses who would never appear in front of the HSCA.As we look back at LHO's behavior before the assassination, we have to realize that he was both a CIA operative and a FBI informant. Wasn't it a guy named Lee who warned of a possible assassination plot in Chicago. Also, who sent the teletype message to FBI offices a few days before 11/22/1963 warning of a possible attempt on JFK's life in Dallas? I think there is a reasonable chance the person was Lee once again.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Oswald was not the only one that was a defector to Russia:http://oswaldsmother.blogspot.com/2008/ ... ector.html
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Oswald takes MAT's Flight To Defect?http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

I guess his handler David Atlee Philipps told him short before the assassination: "Stay in the 2nd floor of the TSBD!", to avoid that LHO could help prevent any assassination!