Who ordered Phillips+Lansdale to use gunmen of Giancana?

JFK Assassination
ChristophMessner

Who ordered Phillips+Lansdale to use gunmen of Giancana?

Post by ChristophMessner »

Wouldn't it be more logical and safer for Phillips+Lansdale to use and control their own Cuban gunmen for the jfk-assassination-operation?
Bob

Re: Who ordered Phillips+Lansdale to use gunmen of Giancana?

Post by Bob »

They used Group 40 and they also used the mob, just like they did while they were trying to take out Castro in Cuba.Jim Marrs : During that time, during the time of the Bay of Pigs, while you were training and moving around in the Caribbean, No Name Key and all that, did you ever hear the name George Herbert Walker Bush? James Files: Oh Yeah! Jim Marrs: What was his role? James Files: George Herbert Walker Bush. I don't know if, I think a lot of people are not going to believe this, but he worked for the CIA back as early as 1961 that I know of. Jim Marrs : How did he work? What did he do? James Files : I don't know all he did, but he did a lot of recruiting work. I know he was there at the beginning for what we called Group 40, a special operations group, Group 40. If you wonder what Group 40 was, an assassination group.
ChristophMessner

Yes, but on this special day: was Giancana really willing to spend and risk his best hitmen for the CIA? Did the CIA top players just snip with their fingers and zack! Giancana came crawling to their feet saying: "Here you are!"??? Obviously this was an operation to bring the Cuban fighters closer together with the mob to sink them both deeper into muddy waters ...
Bob

Post by Bob »

The mob wanted the hit on JFK just as much as the CIA, the war profiteers, the Military Industrial Complex, the big oil boys and big banking. RFK had ignored the deal that Joe Kennedy made with the mob in the 1960 Presidential election and was going after the mob with zeal. He had just recently deported Carlos Marcello out ot the U.S. and Marcello never forgave that. Plus, Dallas and New Orleans were HIS territories. But all the head mob guys were in on this, whether it was Marcello, Giancana in Chicago or Santos Trafficante, who had the Florida operation. The CIA had been using the mob to help get rid of Castro in Cuba, where obviously the mob had made a LOT of money in the past before Castro.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

ChristophMessner wrote:Wouldn't it be more logical and safer for Phillips+Lansdale to use and control their own Cuban gunmen for the jfk-assassination-operation?Remember, Christoph, that guys like Files were BOTH. Files was one of the people mixed up with the Cuban gunmen when he was helping to train them and doing business with them, so it wasn't a matter of finding gunmen outside of the loop. Guys like Files were already in the loop.When I was in Army ROTC, a captain said something interesting to us one day. He said that with a military education (weapons, tactics, etc.), if we didn't get a traditional job, we could always get a job working for the mafia. He was serious. He wasn't officially condoning it, but he said it in such a matter-of-fact way that it floored me (I was only 18 at the time) and made sense at the same time. He then went on to say that organized crime and the Mafia pays top dollar to have men working for them who actually know how to handle guns and such as opposed to the street gang bangers who do drive-by shootings and hit innocent people...you know...those kind of street punks who pose for pictures holding handguns sideways or horizontally instead of vertically...as if you're supposed to fire a gun that way...trying to look look. I'll give you an example. In Philadelphia, there was a Mafia hit by some young Italian mobsters working allegedly for a young mobster named Joey Merlino. Anyway, they sent a hit man to assassinate an associate in a restaurant. The hit man showed up to the restaurant with a sub machine gun..like a Mack10 or Mack 11. Anyway, his target was at a table eating food with his family, the hit man fires the weapon at him...and the dude SURVIVED!!!!!! WTF? The opposing faction returned the favor in rush hour traffice with a van with a few gunmen in it. Yeah..those guys survived too!!! They had no training with weapons or tactics...obviously...and they end up looking like the Marx Brothers. See this article for details on what lack of training is.http://www.americanmafia.com/News/9-1-9 ... mp.htmlNow THAT's lame! That's why organizations like the Mafia like to hire ex-soldiers, and they'll pay top dollar for them too. It would be in their interest to have someone like Files (who they already knew) working on the assassination.
ChristophMessner

Pasquale, now I understand that the gap between mafia and military is not that wide as I thought. Files told about his first battle experience in Laos: "Once you are introduced into the field of fire or however you call it, you get over it. ... It was the ultimate high!" The many misses of unprofessional mafia killers also tell, that there is a natural resistance to kill an exemplar of the same species. Only the training with the weapons together with the psycho in action, to "get over" this resistance, to learn real cold-bloodedness, to learn seeing the target as target only, makes a usefull killing tool for the mafia and for the military, as it seems. Nevertheless I think you never really fully get over it, because humans are social beings, created out of two humans, some soul connection always remains. It's just so easy to destroy and so hard to build up. Chris
bob franklin

Post by bob franklin »

It should be noted that the ONI crawled into bed with organised crime way back during WWII, having them guard against sabotage upon naval ships. Read p.96 of this link:http://books.google.com/books?id=WK2HvM ... &ct=result Also some other good stuff already covered by Paul Pennyworth regarding the Golden Nugget & Steve Wynn, as well as some other familiar names
ChristophMessner

This is David Atlee Phillips between the man with the big white hat and the man, who holds the micro!
Bob

Post by Bob »

There is a resemblance there Chris. That would be quite amazing if true. Remember, Phillips was Oswald's CIA handler. I'm sure Oswald recognized him if that was indeed Phillips.
ChristophMessner

Only Phillips had this characteristic left eyebrow which was different from his right one. (Don't look to the drawing.)Also see the narrowness of his nose between the eyes, the black Phillips-way of combed hair and that unchangable characteristic head form!