Lincoln Assassination - More Cover Up?

JFK Assassination
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Lincoln Assassination - More Cover Up?

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

I watched a documentary on Abraham Lincoln and his assassination on National Geographic channel yesterday. John Wilkes Booth's diary or journal went "missing" right after he was apprehended. It didn't actually go missing, the government (I want to say the War Department, but I'm not sure) actually had it, according to the documentary. I think the documentary was called The Real Abraham Lincoln. Anyway, when Booth's diary or journal was released to the public, eighteen pages were missing from it, according to the documentary, causing many people to believe that it was cover-up of a much LARGER conspiracy to kill him. Interesting, eh? Your thoughts, please...... Is anybody well read on this subject?
Bob

Re: Lincoln Assassination - More Cover Up?

Post by Bob »

I'm fairly well read on the Lincoln assassination and the Civil War, but not near as much as the time I have put in on the JFK and RFK assassinations. Some people think that the Confederate President...Jefferson Davis...was involved in the plot. Speaking of the Civil War, I spent a full day at Gettysburg once, and I actually walked down Little Round Top (which people were not supposed to do). The carnage in that battle was unbelievable. The casualties numbered around 50,000 for both sides in that 3 day skirmish.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_ ... _Round_Top
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

Pasquale, the plot to assassinate Lincoln was probabley bigger than the plot people was told. For instance Booth went to Canada, ( Oswald went to Mexico ) and met with Confederate spies, ( Oswald met KGB officers ) while he was there, shortly before the assassination. I think the Confederacy goverment was behind the Lincoln assassination.
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

i have heard about jefferson davis being a part of the conspiracy but i also believe that booth acted alone this is just my opinion. this is a very interesting topic here one of my ancestors fought for the union army company 1 eighth michigan calvary and died in anderson prison.
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

Pasquale and Sara, check this out the American civil war and my home town Liverpoolwww.geocities.com/jdsreb/newsletters/october2003.pdf
Jsnow915

Post by Jsnow915 »

I love how dramatic Booths last words were....he looked at his hands and said...."useless"
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

Frenchy wrote:Pasquale and Sara, check this out the American civil war and my home town Liverpoolhttp://www.geocities.com/jdsreb/newsletters/october2003.pdfi would love to read it frenchy but it requires adobe reader and i don't have it installed. like i said i believe that booth acted alone. and there could be a quite possiblity that the confederate army had somewhat of a hand in it. what really makes me angry is that dr samuel mudd a supporter of the confederate army was not excuted all he did was spend some time in the clink that man should've been hung along with the 8 conspirators. i do think that jefferson davis had a very strong hand in the conspiracy. is their anyway you could copy and paste that on here? i would love to read that.anyways frenchy just want you to know that i do respect your opinion.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

Frenchy wrote:Pasquale and Sara, check this out the American civil war and my home town Liverpoolhttp://www.geocities.com/jdsreb/newsletters/oc ... 03.pdfWhat a cool link! It's great! I never knew any of that!
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

very interesting read frenchy.
Bob

Post by Bob »

It looks like John, Paul, George and Ringo aren't all that is famous about Liverpool. Nice link Frenchy.