"MSBOT MEDIA" or "MSNBOT MEDIA" (sp?) SIGHTING

JFK Assassination
Pasquale DiFabrizio

"MSBOT MEDIA" or "MSNBOT MEDIA" (sp?) SIGHTING

Post by Pasquale DiFabrizio »

A few minutes ago, like maybe 5 minutes ago (it's 10:28pm California time), I saw that strange "registered user" on the list of members on-line here.It's something like MSBOT MEDIA or MSNBOT MEDIA or something like that.
MikeNarrett

Re: "MSBOT MEDIA" or "MSNBOT MEDIA" (sp?) SIGHTING

Post by MikeNarrett »

The MSN Bot is nothing to be concerned about. Apparently it's something used for the website to get more hits. I believe it can be turned of or banned from the forum if Wim deems it necessary.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

MikeNarrett wrote:The MSN Bot is nothing to be concerned about. Apparently it's something used for the website to get more hits. I believe it can be turned of or banned from the forum if Wim deems it necessary.Thanks! I was a little concerned at first.
ChristophMessner

Post by ChristophMessner »

Mike I don't believe you. While I'm writing this. MSBBotmedia is loggin in, too. Let's ban him/it, cause it is no good to have forum members who do not show any profile!
Pasquale DiFabrizio

ChristophMessner wrote:Mike I don't believe you. While I'm writing this. MSBBotmedia is loggin in, too. Let's ban him/it, cause it is no good to have forum members who do not show any profile!Hey, Christoph!!! I thought you just told me not worry or be paranoid about it! Now what am I going to do????? LMAOMy brain hurts now! I TOLD you it was weird.
ChristophMessner

Pasquale, I said not to worry about my recent problems with access, which could have had another reason than MSNBotmedia- oder "Dan"-related. The first might have been just something harmless with my computer, of which I regret to beat the alarm drums maybe a bit too early, but the latter is serious and I think it's all wise for us to keep all our files saved on an extra stick and our passwords changed from time to time. Chris
Bob

Post by Bob »

This is what Wim told me about the Bots that appear on the site from time to time, including MSNBOT Media and Ask Jeeves...They are automated programs. They crawl all forums to gather data etc.In other words, I don't think Wim can ban them, as they are automated programs. Next time you see them, just tell them to "automate" this.
Pasquale DiFabrizio

Bob wrote:This is what Wim told me about the Bots that appear on the site from time to time, including MSNBOT Media and Ask Jeeves...They are automated programs. They crawl all forums to gather data etc.In other words, I don't think Wim can ban them, as they are automated programs. Next time you see them, just tell them to "automate" this. THAT'S thinkin' with yer dipstick, Jimmy!!!!! LOL"Automate" this! LMAO
ChristophMessner

Bob wrote: In other words, I don't think Wim can ban them, as they are automated programs. That's bad! Although they document their presence while browsing the forum, they do not identify themselves, their intentions and their fingerprint about which info they gathered. So there should be a way and a duty to ban them. Chris
saracarter766

Post by saracarter766 »

well said christopher.