David Atlee Phillips at LHO's press conference?

JFK Assassination
Bob

Re: David Atlee Phillips at LHO's press conference?

Post by Bob »

Here is yet another view of the Lee Harvey Oswald midnight press conference...Look at how Phillips is crouching compared to the other people at the press conference. Trying to hide somewhat, yet still his narcissistic personality allowed him to be there.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

could someone tell me what is the importance of Phillips at the press conference?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Phillips was LHO's controller at the CIA, just like he was for Jimmy Files. Plus, he was a major conspirator in the JFK assassination. Therefore, it would seem to be somewhat risky to be at LHO's press conference. But Jack Ruby was there too, and he also knew LHO.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Bob WHY were they there? I can.t see ant reason for it?
bob franklin

Post by bob franklin »

Basically, to coerce LHO from revealing his knowledge of what transpired.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

One of the major things that went wrong with the assassination-from the conspirators' point of view- was Oswald being taken into custody ALIVE! This was a problem of mind-boggling magnitude, and so it makes sense that Phillips would get in touch with Oswald to reassure him that everything would be okay and to ensure that Oswald did not blow his cover- which he almost did when he said he was just a patsy. Bedlam! It was probably the last place Phillips wanted to be, but it had to be done.Thom
andries

Post by andries »

This never made sence to me How, when, and by who,m was LHO supposed to be killed than ?
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Andries good to see you.I can answer that one thanks to jimmy Files for one.Then when he did not show up at his apartment and Tippit was killed the back up plan was that he would be killed at the theater. I have a theory for all that but it is fo involved for now.it still seems that Phillips and Ruby would not chance being exposed there in the news conference. maybe they were thinking about killing him then?
andries

Post by andries »

Nice to hear from you joe.My thoughts have alway,s been that he was not as innocent or uninformed as most off us want him to be.after all, after his arrest he alway,s kept tight dicipline.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

I would think he was aware of what was comimg down but you know those people would have had big ego's to feed upon and I expect Phillips knew very well how to do that.I don't think he shot anyone and when it happened he suddenly woke up to the fact that he was screwed and took off.they maybe figured on him also being killed in the TSBD.I don't think the whole thing came off the way it had been planned because of the CIA stand down.caught them all with their pants down.