Cord Meyer

JFK Assassination
JDThomas

Cord Meyer

Post by JDThomas »

Was E. Howard Hunt the only known person to finger Cord Meyer for involvement in the "Big Event", or are there others?
ThomZajac

Re: Cord Meyer

Post by ThomZajac »

He's the only one I know.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

By the way, JD, what do you think E. Howard Hunt's role was in Dallas?
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

I really haven't come to an opinion on Hunt's exact involvement - so much to do with this guy involves disinformation, double-disinformation and double-double-disinformation! I was interested in his so-called confession just before he died, but his supposed knowledge of a plot but non-involvement doesn't really cut it with me; he was either up to his neck in it or was kept out of the picture until it was all over.If he was heavily involved, it begs the question why he didn't make more of it when he needed to - on the run in the aftermath of Watergate for instance, though it was possible that they were trying to kill him then (remember his wife's death in a plane 'accident' whilst apparently carrying Hush money). After he was deserted by his former comrades when he went to jail, what reason would he have to keep covering for them?Naming Cord Meyer was interesting - this appeared to be a new name and a new lead. Meyer's background with the CIA and his problems with JFK make a convincing case - Meyer could well have been responsible for fixing the media following 'the big event'. On the other hand, Hunt being Hunt, this could just have been to send truth seekers off course and up a blind alley
Bob

Post by Bob »

More on Cord Meyer...http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JF ... .htmNotice he went to Yale (just like Poppy)...a CIA breeding ground.
ThomZajac

Post by ThomZajac »

JDThomas wrote:I really haven't come to an opinion on Hunt's exact involvement - so much to do with this guy involves disinformation, double-disinformation and double-double-disinformation! I was interested in his so-called confession just before he died, but his supposed knowledge of a plot but non-involvement doesn't really cut it with me; he was either up to his neck in it or was kept out of the picture until it was all over.If he was heavily involved, it begs the question why he didn't make more of it when he needed to - on the run in the aftermath of Watergate for instance, though it was possible that they were trying to kill him then (remember his wife's death in a plane 'accident' whilst apparently carrying Hush money). After he was deserted by his former comrades when he went to jail, what reason would he have to keep covering for them?Naming Cord Meyer was interesting - this appeared to be a new name and a new lead. Meyer's background with the CIA and his problems with JFK make a convincing case - Meyer could well have been responsible for fixing the media following 'the big event'. On the other hand, Hunt being Hunt, this could just have been to send truth seekers off course and up a blind alleyI think you are right on on this one. Does seem he was there though, and the Lorenz testimony has him showing up at a hotel room dispersing money(and guns?). Her testimony held up in the libel sit (Libby? I forget), so this possibility has reasonable credibility.
Bruce Patrick Brychek

Post by Bruce Patrick Brychek »

09.19.2013Dear JFK Murder Solved Forum Members and Readers:05.20.2009 - Mr. J. D. Thomas Posted this Headline.This was an excellent contribution that J.D. Thomas made, that neverreceived the attention and recognition that it deserved. My opinion.There were some excellent contributions by great Members here.Recently more references to Mr. Cord Meyer have appeared.Any more recent analyses, interviews, investigations, readings,research, study, thoughts, or writings that can be added here ?Comments ?Respectfully,BB.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Cord Meyer is discussed extensively in Peter Janney's book "Mary's Mosaic" about the murder of Meyer's wife Mary:http://www.amazon.com/Marys-Mosaic-Cons ... 27s+mosaic
JDThomas

Post by JDThomas »

Some useful background about Cord Meyer's CIA career from a news item in the Weisber papers at Hood College:http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg ... m%2050.pdf
Bob

Post by Bob »

Check out this piece about Mary Pinchot Meyer, wife of Cord and mistress of JFK.https://www.lewrockwell.com/2012/04/jac ... ks-murder/