Jim Marrs' take on Jimmy Files

JFK Assassination
Bob

Jim Marrs' take on Jimmy Files

Post by Bob »

Recently, I have been able to communicate with a lot of the "real " researchers in the JFK assassination community, which has been very informative. Besides Wim of course, I have talked with Robert Groden, Jack White, Russ Baker, Wayne Madsen and others. I have also written Jim Marrs, but alas...he has not responded to my notes as of yet. Oh well. I still respect his work enormously. I recently saw a post in the Education Forum that Wim posted about Marrs' overall take on the Jimmy Files story regarding the JFK assassination. Here it is...TO JAMES FILES CONFESSION CRITICS: ANSWER ME THISby JIM MARRSFirst off let me set the record straight. I have not -- nor am I now --taking any particular position on the truthfulness of the James E. Filesconfession. I was not on the Grassy Knoll on November 22, 1963, so I cannotstate with any 100 percent assurance what really happened.All I have ever said on this matter is that I am aware of much more to thisstory than simply a talking-head videotaped confession and that I feel itdeserves more serious attention than it has received in the past. Those whohave been so quick to dismiss Files as a hoax do not know the full detailsof this issue. Others have personal problems with one or more of theresearchers who have brought the Files story public. Let's not toss out themessage just because we don't like the messenger. Never forget that thewhole Files story came about due to a tip from an FBI agent, not from merespeculation by some researcher.Despite what I feel to be an honest and open-minded attitude toward theFiles story on my part, I, along with anyone else who dares to admitinterest in this issue, have suffered much abuse on the Internet and otherplaces from some critics who, after superficial or no research, branded theFiles story a hoax.Without making a long, involved story even longer, I would simply like theanswers to the following three simple questions regarding James Files:HOW DID JAMES FILES KNOW THAT HUMAN TEETH IMPRESSIONS WOULD BE FOUND ON A.222-CALIBER SHELL CASING FOUND ON THE GRASSY KNOLL IN 1987?It is a fact that John C. Rademacher of Granbury, Texas, discovered a.222-caliber shell casing on the north Grassy Knoll in Dallas' Dealey Plazain 1987. He brought the casing to my class at the University of Texas atArlington in 1990. I recall asking him about strange marks on the casingbecause at the time I was very interested in the sabot or husk bullet issue.Rademacher said the mark was on the casing when he found it but that he hadno idea what it was.On May 3, 1993, researcher Bob Vernon along with TV executive Barry Adelmanfirst interviewed James E. Files in prison. Files claims to have used anunusual and expensive single-shot match pistol, a .222-caliber RemingtonXP-100 "Fireball", to shoot President Kennedy from behind the wooden picketfence on top of the Grassy Knoll. Toward the end of the interview, Filescasually mentioned that he had left the .222-caliber shell casing behind onthe Grassy Knoll and that if anyone was to find it they would know it washis. When asked how it could be identified, Files said he had bitten down onthe empty shell casing and left it behind on a cross piece of the woodenpicket fence. "It will have my teeth marks on it," he explained.Reflecting on this information, Vernon recalled seeing something about a manfinding a shell casing on the Grassy Knoll in the files of the late Texasresearcher Joe West. After locating the story in West's material, Vernonalong with Mrs. Joe West visited Rademacher in July, 1993, and first saw theshell casing with the markings on it. After about two months ofcorrespondence, Vernon finally obtained the shell casing in late September,1993, and sent it for study by Dr. Paul Stimson of the University of Texasat Houston, a member of the American Boards of Oral Pathology and ForensicOdontology. About Oct. 4, 1993, following days of microscopic examination,Dr. Stimson reported, "Opinion: The indentations are oriented on the shellcasing in a pattern that would be consistent with the maxillary rightcentral incisor making the larger mark and the two smaller marks would beconsistent with the lower right central and lateral incisors. It is myopinion that the marks are consistent with having been made by humanindentation."It is highly unlikely that this whole story could be a gigantic hoaxinvolving such diverse people as Dr. Stimson, Vernon, Joe West (who diedbefore ever learning of the casing connection between Rademacher and Files)and his wife, Adelman, Files, myself and others over a period of more thansix years.Having rejected the complicated hoax theory and considering that apparentlyno one in the world knew of the casing/teeth issue prior to Dr. Stimson'sfindings in October, 1993, I am left with the question --- If he had nofirst-hand knowledge, how did James Files know that human teeth impressionswould be found on a .222-caliber shell casing discovered on the Grassy Knollin 1987?HOW DID FILES FIND OUT ABOUT THE "WHITE STAR" TEAMS IN LAOS UNLESS HE WAS AMEMBER?During interviews with James E. Files, he told of his military record whichincluded a stint with the 82nd Airborne Division concerning covertoperations in Laos in 1959. He said he was supposedly out of the militarybut was actually being paid by the U.S. Army and specifically mentionedbeing part of the "White Star" teams to train Laotian Army regulars. Being aVietnam-era veteran myself and a lay historian, I was surprised that I hadnever heard of the "White Star" teams. In fact, I chalked this term up as apoint against Files since no one I knew had ever heard of such teams. Thenin the summer of 1996, in a telephone conversation with Col. FletcherProuty, I happened to mention that Files claimed to have trained LaotianArmy troops in 1959. "Oh, that was my operation," said Prouty. "They werecalled the White Star teams." Prouty explained that members of the "WhiteStar" teams were "sheep-dipped," He explained this process as "an intricateArmy-devised process by which a man who is in the service as a full careersoldier or officer agrees to go through all the legal and official motionsof resigning from the service. Then, rather than actually being released,his records are pulled from the Army personnel files and transferred to aspecial Army intelligence file. (The Secret Team: pp. 172-173)" This isexactly the process mentioned by Files and, obviously, could go far inexplaining some of the frustrations encountered in trying to verify hismilitary record. Prouty said the "White Star" teams were composed of"sheep-dipped" officers and men who were hired by a private company createdby the CIA and sent to Laos to train troops. Prouty's statements force thequestion --- If Files is a phony and never in the military (as some criticshave asserted), how did he know the correct term "White Star" teams and thecircumstances of their involvement in Laos.unless he was part of it?WHERE DID FILES LEARN OF AN "ABORT TEAM" IF NOT FROM JOHNNY ROSELLI?According to the Files confession, the JFK assassination was carried out byChicago mob hit man, Charles "Chuckie" Nicoletti on orders from boss SamGiancana. ".(Richard) Cain and Nicoletti were actual gunmen for the hit."wrote Giancana's brother Chuck in his 1992 book Double Cross (pp. 334-335).Files said the hit team originally was to be Nicoletti and mobster JohnnyRoselli. Files himself was only to have transported weapons to Dallas andacted as driver. But, according to Files, Roselli arrived in Dallas early onthe morning of November 22, 1963, by means of a "military flight". Rosellisaid the CIA had sent an "abort team" to Dallas to stop the assassinationand he declined to participate saying they would all be killed. Undaunted byRoselli's fears, Nicoletti decided to move ahead with the carefully-laidplans and so asked Files --- a man who had been his driver and confederatein several other jobs --- to back him up. Many critics have questioned whyFiles at such a young age and not being a "made" Mafia man would have beenincluded on something as important as the JFK assassination. This is a verygood question but it appears answered in this account of Files' last-minutesubstitution after Roselli suddenly backed out, fearful of being killed byan "abort team".Files' use of the term "abort team" was only the second time in my career Ihad heard that term. The first involved a "black ops" military pilot whoalso mentioned an "abort team' --- and in connection with the JFKassassination!!William Robert "Tosh" Plumlee claimed to have been involved in secretgovernment skullduggery beginning before the Bay of Pigs invasion andlasting through the Iran-Contra scandal. I have reams of FBI and DEA reportson Plumlee and they state he was claiming to have knowledge of the JFKassassination as far back as the 1970s. In addition to his numerousgovernment files, Plumlee was called for secret testimony during theIran-Contra hearings. He obviously is a credible source.In the late 1980s, Tosh took me on a guided tour of Dallas and presented anincredible story of how he piloted a plane from Florida to New Orleans onNovember 21, 1963. In New Orleans, he picked up a team of men, along withsome small cases, and flew them to Dallas, arriving early on Nov. 22.Originally slated to land at Red Bird Airport, he was diverted to GarlandAirport due to early morning rain and overcast. Here the team disembarked.This group was largely unknown to Tosh except for one man whom he hadpiloted before. He only knew this man as "Colonel John Roselli". Tosh alsosaid he was told that the group were an "abort team" sent to Dallas to stopan assassination attempt on President Kennedy. Tosh's account of thisflight, his observations in Dealey Plaza and his planned return trip to meetDavid Ferrie in Houston make for a fascinating tale, one that has never beendisproved.Tosh says he flew Roselli into Dallas on a military plane and Roselli tellsFiles he arrived on a military flight. Tosh said the flight was to bring inan "abort team" and Roselli bows out of his part in the assassinationconfessing fear of an "abort team". Since Tosh and Files are the only twopeople I have ever heard mention an "abort team" and since by all researchTosh and Files never met, how could Files have known about an "abort team"unless his story of Roselli's statements are true?Now I am the first to admit that there are problems with the Filesconfession, mostly due to the lack of substantiating documentation. Ofcourse, men like Files don't live long or prosper with the Chicago mob orCIA by leaving behind a well-managed paper trail. In my study of this issue,I have found many small things which seem to corroborate his story. Three ofthese are mentioned above.There remains much more research to be done on the Files. In the meantime,if someone will simply give me a credible and well-supported answer to theabove three questions, I might consider joining the chorus of nay-sayers inthe James Files confession.-Jim Marrs
kenmurray

Re: Jim Marrs' take on Jimmy Files

Post by kenmurray »

Great stuff from Marrs.
turtleman

Post by turtleman »

Yeah that's good stuff. Marrs has a way of cutting through the crap and getting right to it. Kind of puts the naysayers in a box. What would Posner, Mack, or Bugliosi say to that I wonder.
AnthonyAthletic

Post by AnthonyAthletic »

turtleman wrote:What would Posner, Mack, or Bugliosi say to that I wonder.They would 'disprove' the Files story by simply saying "James Files was not on the 6th Floor of the TSBD" End of story That's what they have been doing for years. One Man, One room, three shots, two good...end of.Excellent observation from Jim Marrs. It really is funny how the Flat World Society simply ignore facts and ignore questions which they have no answer, nor can give no reasonable explanation. Nor will the naysayers say....'this may need further observation'Their minds are made up, and all of the conspiracy theorists such as you, me everyone on this board and in the JFK Research wether you are a full time, very eager enthusiast (such as myself) or the mere interested novice, we will never know. This case is locked up airtight, no matter what our speculations and proof amount to. I am 40 years old now and I doubt there will be any further official light spread onto the matter, nor will anything of significance be revealed in 2037-38. And 100 years from now it will be filed away with as much interest as 'was there a Lincoln conspiracy'.Sad to say this, but the JFK Assassination will fizzle out when the next two generations have been and gone.And doesn't that anger us all?The Files scenario does need investigating. This man has immense knowledge as to what went on prior, during and post 22/11. Files has to be disproved by the naysayers. Disproving someone can not be done by simply saying 'I don't believe that' and the 'take my word for it' attitude.I will sit and watch Bugliosi's Oswald Trial by London Weekend TV tonight, all 5 1/2 hours of it, just delivered from the USA....I really could do with a good laugh. Next I must try and get my hands on TMWKK parts 7-8-9 (the banned/revealing episodes) which I haven't seen.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yes...I haven't seen the "debaters" try to argue this one yet! I wonder why? Huh John? Anyway, Anthony, here are the episodes you want to see...First...The Smoking Gun...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNTeQ9ck ... cond...The Love Affair...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ry3DrsN ... rird...The Guilty Men...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaWUcyjA ... re=related
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Don't you all know by now that the only man on that sixth floor was Oswald? We have the eyewitness testimony of one Howard Brennan now, guys. You know, the one who couldn't pick out Oswald initially in a lineup http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.ba ... draft.html
tom jeffers

Post by tom jeffers »

That is exactly why jimmy has turned his back on the jfk assassination. he came out and said his piece after all those years and the "jfk experts" said it was a hoax. how do you PROVE that you ate a cheeseburger yesterday? how do you PROVE you ate a cheeseburger 46 years ago!
Jsnow915

Post by Jsnow915 »

do you think Files has proof somewhere and won't let it come out till after he's long gone?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Jsnow915 wrote:do you think Files has proof somewhere and won't let it come out till after he's long gone?I think it's a distinct possibility. There is a reason why Jimmy is still around, when so many close to him have been murdered (Giancana, Nicoletti and Roselli). Jimmy has almost been killed a couple of times though. However, although Jimmy has told a lot of the truth, I still feel he has not divulged ALL that he knows and I also think he may have some documents hidden somewhere that may further substantiate his story, plus name even more names.
neab

Post by neab »

I ordered hoffman's book recently and have been reading it. I don't really doubt this guy's credibility and from what I've read so far, if Files was there, he definitely lied about being the only man behind the fence. I will say this though, hoffman saw a plaid shirted man , like files said he was wearing. I'm starting to return to beleiving the files story, just think he must have lied about who was back there, i mean , stands to reason he'd telll truth about just about everything, his face is right there in front of the camera for everyone to see. But ed's account smashes his "I was alone back there" story. Plus, we know files was kinda in between mob and cia , maybe people in that part of dealy plaza weren't mob related. I dunno, maybe we'll never know and should stop spending this time looking.