Robert Grodens book not ready at Dealey

JFK Assassination
Bob

Re: Robert Grodens book not ready at Dealey

Post by Bob »

Chad Duncan wrote:Is he having trouble publishing? I wish I could print the thing at my place but I can only make stitched books here and woudl have to farm out a perfect bound book like im sure he has. Plus id probably get grief for printing it here, but our costs would be way under what he's facing im sure.Chad, you should contact Robert anyway, and see if you can get a deal done, even if some of it is farmed out. Robert's book is almost a year late on being published as it is. If you want to contact him, let me know and I'll make it happen.
kjell roald

Post by kjell roald »

Robert Groden was a guest on Alex Jones´program the day before yesterday.3:30 out in this clip Alex Jones says : I´ve seen your photos - that noone´s ever seen before - and Kennedys head was really mushroomed.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd6-3yo ... h_response
Bob

Post by Bob »

kjell roald wrote:Robert Groden was a guest on Alex Jones´program the day before yesterday.3:30 out in this clip Alex Jones says : I´ve seen your photos - that noone´s ever seen before - and Kennedys head was really mushroomed.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd6-3yo ... _responseI listened to the show as well. Robert said he is trying to get the book published before the Super Bowl in Dallas in February. Time is running out, but Robert sounded somewhat optimistic. Groden said he was looking at only publishing 10,000 books at first, because of the enormous cost in getting a book done with so many photos in it.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Estimated printing cost is in excess of 60 grand for starters.I take it Robert needs someone to finance the book which is probably impossible in today's economy.I would say Alex is correct, no way this book will be published in time for the Super Bowl.My guess is that he has no financial support at all.an investor would have to see a return and a profitalong with a publisher you also have to have distribution.A slow moving book could destroy a small publisher financially.I hope he can work it out.
katisha

Post by katisha »

Speaking of Groden, some good news (nicked link from the Ed forum):http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairp ... _arres.php
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

That is great news for Groden. Next thing is for him to win his civil suit against the city. I know Gary Mack is liking this.
Bob

Post by Bob »

kenmurray wrote:That is great news for Groden. Next thing is for him to win his civil suit against the city. I know Gary Mack is liking this. Go get 'em Robert! By the way, rumor has it that they are now serving food (along with their bullshit) at the 6th Floor Museum, particularly in the morning. I hear the cafe is called Dunkel's Donuts.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Bob wrote:kenmurray wrote:That is great news for Groden. Next thing is for him to win his civil suit against the city. I know Gary Mack is liking this. Go get 'em Robert! By the way, rumor has it that they are now serving food (along with their bullshit) at the 6th Floor Museum, particularly in the morning. I hear the cafe is called Dunkel's Donuts. I wonder if they are serving Chicken there too.
kjell roald

Post by kjell roald »

Update ( Does anyone have news on the hew book? ) "Dallas to appeal dismissal of charge against Dealey Plaza vendor.Almost as doggedly as Robert Groden has pursued his theory that the Kennedy assassination was a conspiracy and cover-up, the city of Dallas is pursuing him. (...) After a municipal judge dismissed the charge against Groden last month, the city filed notice Wednesday of its plans to appeal the case and try to have it sent back for trial."http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/n ... .html"What gets me is the extreme Vladimir Putin-style in-your-face we're-not-even-embarrassed-by-it thug-ocratic stupidity of the way the city has gone after him."http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairp ... n_from.php "Seizing Mr. Groden's property from the outset was not appropriate or necessary, but not releasing Mr. Groden's property to him after taking photographs of it, after holding the property for seven months and counting, and even after the municipal judge ordered the case dismissedseems to be just further evidence to support his assertion of the City's campaign to harass him unnecessarily."http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/arch ... st-wa.html
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

The days of individual rights are gone.I have mixed emotions about Dealey Plaza.I doubt that Robert will prevail in the end because we now live in an almost total police state.If Robert is allowed to sell his wares on the plaza then that opens the door for others to do the same. This could be a future problem for the city.Most all public property has rules about such activities.Robert is not giving away literature, actually he makes his living there by selling books and video's. he also does not welcome competition nor will he sell any literature except his own.Zapruder is his claim to fame. If it is a fake then he could have a problem there?I think what the city will do is to outlaw all form of solicitations on the property.That might be viewed as lopsided as the 6th Floor sells literature.(wonder what they do with all the money they take in?)I hope Robert is left alone because good or bad he is our only voice there at Dealey.Who owns the property? is it a city park or national landmark?I suppose in any case the city of Dallas and their cops will continue to patrol it.Dealey is an attractive spot in an otherwise dead city.Also the picket fence has been repaired probably because of the super bowl?