Kevin Costner

JFK Assassination
jfkanon

Re: Kevin Costner

Post by jfkanon »

Another reason I like Costner, he confronted E. Howard Hunt about the JFK assassination.
Bob

Post by Bob »

scottjfkmad wrote:Over here in Jolly Old England, I must admit we do like ROBIN HOOD PRINCE OF THEIVES...Another great Costner movie...Says a lot about that man, that an American was easily first choice to play an English hero...Does anyone have a list of all JFK/Kennedy films made...I have most of them, but was flicking through the channels the other night and found a LIFE AND TIMES OF RFK, from I am guessing the 1970's....Robin Hood Prince of Thieves was the first movie my son ever went to. As a family, we went to a drive in movie (yes, there was actually one around then). Costner could have used a bit more prepping on his English accent, but the film was enjoyable. Other Kennedy films off the top of my head were PT 109 starring Cliff Robertson as JFK. Plus there are the fictional films that closely resemble the JFK assassination like Executive Action and Winter Kills. I'll try to put a list together when I have a bit more time, although this sounds like a profect for Art Linkgetter.
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

You are kinda giving you age away there Bob. Drive In's
Bob

Post by Bob »

Dealey Joe wrote:You are kinda giving you age away there Bob. Drive In's Drive In's were so cool back in the day. I used to go there with buddies and watch Bruce Lee flicks, horror films, Clint Eastwood movies etc. I also took a few dates there as well before I had my own place so to speak. The windows got a bit steamy from time to time if you know what I mean. I also saw a real murder on screen once too. Usually they would show 2-3 movies per night. The last flick one night was this movie called Snuff. At the end of the flick it sure looked like this poor woman was gruesomely murdered. As it turned out, I read a story about a year after I saw the movie, that the director/producer was arrested ( he had done the movie Snuff), and that he actually did kill people (usually women) in his movies. Bodies of the poor women were found in graves in the desert.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

List of Kevin Costner films from his own web site. http://www.kevincostner.com/
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Bob I have no idea what you mean by "Steamy Windows"never heard of such a thing.We had two drive in theaters in the 50's-60'salso our favorite place to congregate and show off our #1cars, and #2girls, was the drive in restaurants with car hops.Why are you guys always making me go back to the good o'l days
Bob

Post by Bob »

Dealey Joe wrote:Bob I have no idea what you mean by "Steamy Windows"never heard of such a thing.We had two drive in theaters in the 50's-60'salso our favorite place to congregate and show off our #1cars, and #2girls, was the drive in restaurants with car hops.Why are you guys always making me go back to the good o'l daysSometimes we would go in my buddy's van and bring lawn chairs, some beer and occasionally some cannabis (smoky windows). We made it quite the party. Sometimes when we went by normal vehicle methods, we would sneak in a person or two via the trunk.This is the place I went to the most...http://www.moviesbystarlight.com/drivei ... ictory.htm
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

In the mid late 1950's no one had a camperin 1955 a great friend who was just graduated from Indiana University with honors.built a small camper with a large tent room on the side similar to the awnings of today.It had cooking and storage on the side that was opened and pulled out to be used when the awning was in place.He used the home built aluminum camper and his brand new 1955 Chevrolet to travel the entire west for a month. looking for the place he wanted to settle which eventually was Phoenix.When he and his wife returned he gave the camper to me.All my friends were outdoor people so we spent almost every week end durring the school year on the river or creekcamping, cooking out, fishing, hunting ect.When I graduated from high school in 1959, I traded the Camper for a nice car
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Yeah, I miss the days of the drive-in. I remember the days in the 70's the drive in they had here would show double features and triple features. They would sometimes show such classics like "The Swinging Stewardesses"
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

kenmurray wrote:Yeah, I miss the days of the drive-in. I remember the days in the 70's the drive in they had here would show double features and triple features. They would sometimes show such classics like "The Swinging Stewardesses" What about the ALL NIGHTERS they would have on holliday week ends?by 3am everyone was asleepr a zombie