Mannlicher Carcano vs. Mauser? Why

JFK Assassination
Kirk

Mannlicher Carcano vs. Mauser? Why

Post by Kirk »

Lately while reading on the forum and watching different videos on here as well, I keep thinking and wondering why? Why two rifles being found on the 6th floor of the TSBD? Of course most only know or believe that just the Mannlicher Carcano was found with 3 spent shells in perfect order on the floor next to the snipers nest.But there is plenty and substantial evidence that a Mauser was also found. Plus a very credible eye witness in Officer Craig who stated that he helped to discover/find and identify a Mauser as well.This is an open ended topic post and question as well. I welcome any ideas of why 2 rifles were found on the scene to begin with, even if one has all but been deleted from memory.
Dealey Joe

Re: Mannlicher Carcano vs. Mauser? Why

Post by Dealey Joe »

Kirk they never found a Carcano up there.i keep saying this but no one wants to agree.They were caught by surprise. the Mauser belonged to Roy Truely.He had shown the Mauser to everyone in the place a few days earlier.They were not ready. the thing had been called off.originally LHO was to be killed in the TSBD notrunning around Oak Cliff.If you look at the fact that it was a stand down a lot of stuff begins to make senseBut that is just my opinion
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Thanks for all the Links Ken. I was kind of counting on you, and you didn't let me down. My question to you though is what do you think? Kirkkenmurray wrote:Finding the rifle:http://whokilledjfk.net/finding_the_rifle.htmOnly 2 shells found:http://whokilledjfk.net/only_2_shells_f ... ells/Slugs don't match:http://whokilledjfk.net/shells.htmRifle ... /Rifle.htm
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Dealey Joe,I think what you have said is possible, but the Truly gun thing doesn't quite wash with me. Now, being from Texas, and older I remember well people having their hunting rifles close at hand. Most trucks had a gun rack, and most trunks carried more then spare regular size tires. Still, nobody would bring their rifle into a place of business or their work. It was kind of unwritten rule, unless you were showing it off as something new or a gift. Now lets say Truly showed a rifle off, which is possible. He wouldn't leave it at work, and if so it would be in his office, and not on the 6th floor, if we can say there was a gun on the 6th floor. Roger Craig of course saw a Mauser on the 6th floor which could have been planted. Maybe long before and maybe just before Roger got there. I still wonder why the Carcano had to be the lone nuts weapon? It is in many ways the worst choice to make for framing somebody. KirkDealey Joe wrote:Kirk they never found a Carcano up there.i keep saying this but no one wants to agree.They were caught by surprise. the Mauser belonged to Roy Truely.He had shown the Mauser to everyone in the place a few days earlier.They were not ready. the thing had been called off.originally LHO was to be killed in the TSBD notrunning around Oak Cliff.If you look at the fact that it was a stand down a lot of stuff begins to make senseBut that is just my opinion
Jerry Craig

Post by Jerry Craig »

according to roger the only weapon found was a mouser if there was anather weapon found WHY would roger not tell anybody.also the carcano did not appear until the mouser went to the dallas police property room then the rifle suddenly changed from a mouser to a carcano even weizman signed a noterized document to the fact that the weapon found was a mouser...
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Thanks....Ok, so we believe that only a Mauser was found intially, and that it is possible that the Mauser was Roy Truly's. I guess what I am still asking is why the Carano came into the picture at all. Why was it chosen as the murder weapon? Where did it come from? If Oswald was being set up, whether the mission was being aborted or not. Why not just stick with the Mauser as the weapon, and create a paper trail leading to Oswald?
Dealey Joe

Post by Dealey Joe »

Kirk I still say that the only way I can make any sense of it is that they were caugtht with thier pants down?otherwise they would have had all their ducks in a row.It is possible they had moved the murder to the Trade Mart area?.Files and Plumlee both said their was a stand down.Nicoletti said F*** em it is going down anyway.That is the kew to the jigsaw puzzle to me.If we ignore the known facts how could we ever figure it out?
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Joe,I agree with your logic on this, and it is possible that the mission was aborted, but some either didn't get the message or didn't follow the orders. I know no plan is full proof or fool proof.Emory Roberts seemed to prepared for it to happen, but maybe his job was to make ready just in case. All of the bystanders seemed to be ready, such as Orlando Bosch and others etc., but maybe they just didn't get the message. The Tramps maybe just didn't get the word either. I don't know. Seems like a "real" abort mission would have made sure that all the players knew, and that those players would have immediately left the area, and not sat around to watch the parade go by.I still wonder why the Carcano was picked as the so-called weapon.