Drainage firing point

JFK Assassination
Glen Riding

Drainage firing point

Post by Glen Riding »

I remeber watching a JFK assassination programme many years ago were it was put forward that a possible shooting location for the fatal head shot could have been from a drainage run off that was set into the kerb on Elm Street. I am a strong believer in the shot coming from the Grassy Knoll but this was the first and last time i have ever seen this location put forward as a possible firing point. It would have provided great cover for the shooter and also a covered getaway, i can't remeber where they said you could exit the drainage system from. As anyone else seen this programme or heard of this location being put forward as a possible before?Yours in ConspiracyGlenThe truth will set you free
Dealey Joe

Re: Drainage firing point

Post by Dealey Joe »

I recall seeing the same documentary.I have looked at that possibility and it would be an almost imposible task.the shooting field would be very limited and would have to be precise timing.I can't make myself believe that it is at all likely that a shot was fire from the drain.I imagine Ken will come up with the youtube video of it for you.
Glen Riding

Post by Glen Riding »

I totally agree about the field of fire, probably only good for a head shot and it would have to be one hell of a shot!! I just remember it being a new idea and as i said never seen it put forward again. I remeber the guy they had doing the piece was wearing a combat jacket and he was actually in the drainage system taking up a firing stance looking out at cars going by. He said you could have had a car parked at the enterance to the drainage system to make your getaway even easier.
Jerry Craig

Post by Jerry Craig »

i posted picks from th drain at one time
Glen Riding

Post by Glen Riding »

Cheers Jerry, i've just done a search using the word drain and found your old post with pics.
tom jeffers

Post by tom jeffers »

Glen,Welcome, it's always good to have fresh meat. I saw the documentary stating that Soutre the french assassin was supposed to be in the drain. At the time, the levels of road were much lower and a skinny guy could fit quite comfortably in there. the passage drain exits near the train yard in the rear and they had somebody crawl through with a rifle several times and said that after the person became familiar with the route, it only took about 10 minutes to escape. I personally do not think any one was there however a shot from there hitting in the temple or throat would exit much higher and the path would more clsely match that of a shot coming in reverse frome behind beginning at the tsbd.if i were an assassin, i would think that it would be important to not get trapped and that location would be good for that. If anyone saw him or a gun protrude or any movement, there would be no quick escape possible. There were too many other good spots to use.Namaste'Tomguess i will have to upload my picture again huh?
Glen Riding

Post by Glen Riding »

Tom, i totally agree with your points. Not really high up on the list of possible firing points but as you say i'm new to the forum and just fancied seeing on what other peolpe thought about it. To be honest i had never really heard of the Dal Tex building being used as a firing point untill reading Wims book. All you ever hear about is the TSBD and the Grassy Knoll. I remember hearing about the triangulation of fire from the JFK film and allways considered three firing points. Apologies if i missed it in the book but did it say what floor/window Nicoletti was firing from?
Slav

Post by Slav »

I read somewhere that there was a witness that seen someone coming out of a drain carring a rifle after the triple underpass minutes after the shots.
Slav

Post by Slav »

Nikoletti was firing from the second floor window of the dal tex building, behind the fire excape.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »