Great Loss for the Forum

JFK Assassination
Dealey Joe

Great Loss for the Forum

Post by Dealey Joe »

News From Terre Haute, Indiana June 7, 2011 Thomas Lee Jeffers The Tribune-Star TERRE HAUTE — Thomas Lee Jeffers, 54, of Terre Haute, died Friday, June 3rd, 2011. He was born on October 18th, 1956 in Chicago, IL to Bruce Jeffers and Judith White Jones. Tom, a graduate of Ivy Tech College and Thomas Edison College, was a Certified Public Accountant and the owner of Taxmasters at 203 Voorhees Street, and was the previous owner of Taxmasters at 561 N. 13th Street, which he had operated for 25 years. He recently turned over the 13th Street Taxmasters practice to his sons which is now operated and managed by his eldest son, Thomas L Jeffers II. Tom enjoyed and looked forward to tax season every year. He loved visiting with his clients and watching as their lives evolved and their families grew. During his children’s younger years, Tom was actively involved in coaching youth sports—including baseball at Dixie Bee ballpark, and basketball at the Terre Haute Boys Club. Tom was a member of Masonic Social Lodge #86. First and foremost, he enjoyed spending time with his family. He also enjoyed Classic Rock music, live concerts, and had an ever abundant thirst for knowledge and would read anything he could get his hands on. He was committed to making the world a better place, and always found ways to give back to the community. Survivors include his wife of over 8 years, Shirley Vincent Jeffers, whom he married on September 2nd, 2002; two sons, Thomas “Tommy” Lee Jeffers II and his wife Kera “Harle” Jeffers, and Troy William Jeffers; one daughter-in-law, Christy Geise Leohr and her husband David Leohr; one son-in-law, Raymond Geise and his wife Jessica Wade Geise; five grandchildren, Bryn Jeffers, Keira Leohr, Madison Geise, Nathan Geise, and Miley Geise. He was preceded in death by his father, Bruce Jeffers and his wife Georgia Flagg Jeffers, and his mother, Judith White Jones and her husband George Jones. A memorial tree planting and celebration of life service will be held at a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of Callahan & Hughes Funeral Home at 605 South 25th Street, Terre Haute, IN.======================================================I have been trying to contact Tom in the last few days because we haven't heard from him since his last post June 3rd. This was the same date of Toms death so he was on the forum until the end. Most of us were aware that Tom had some serious health problems and was wheelchair bound and bed ridden for the most part. Tom was always cheerful, congenial, and easy going here on the forum. I looked at Tom as a friend and fellow Hoosier, which we teased each other about whenever the opportunity presented itself. Tom never complained that I knew about.Toms best memory was when he made the statement as we were all discussing JFKs sexual transgressions, Tom said "I want my president to be loose and a little extra sex might help"(not exact quote but close)I will miss my friend Tom Jeffers
Brian White

Re: Great Loss for the Forum

Post by Brian White »

What a shock- I'll miss his many great posts and insights.My prayers arewith his family.Brian.
kenmurray

Post by kenmurray »

Indeed a great loss to our forum. Well said Joe. Our thoughts and prayers to Tom's family.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yes indeed...very sad news. I just came home and I had a message on my phone from Bruce about Tom's passing. Tom was a great forum member, but more than that, Tom was a great human being. Tom had it tough the last several years, in terms of his physical limitations, but he never wanted anyone's pity. As someone who has pushed the envelope in terms of almost dying myself...just remember to always to tell people close to you how much you love them. Everyday! God Bless you Tom! RIP!
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

This is deeply sad news. My heart and prayers go out to his family, friends and loved ones. I can say without a doubt that he was a real gentleman. I considered Tom to be one of the most knowledgeable and understanding members on this forum, and would try to use his even handed approach to subjects and other members as my guide and example.Just today I was emailing with Joe about Tom being the perfect fair minded Judge that we might need to push forward.Tom will be missed, but never forgotten, and when the final answers come about the assassination his contribution will have played a real part in that happening.
Jerry Craig

Post by Jerry Craig »

i dont have much to say exsept he was a great friend and fourm member
SLogan

Post by SLogan »

Reading Tom's posts for the short time I have been a member on here I deeply appreciated Tom's input and the CLASS in which he presented his knowledge . Thanks to all for solidifying my perceptions of him .This Gentleman will be truly missed. My prayers go to his friends and loved ones.Steve Logan
Bighunter43

Post by Bighunter43 »

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends! I've only been on here a little over a year myself, but Tom seemed like a great guy, and his posts were always outstanding! I hope someone is able to contact his family and tell them how much everyone on here admired him.
Davyjones

Post by Davyjones »

I offer my respect to Tom as a great forum member.Although I never knew him,I am not suprised that he was such a great guy. Condolances to his family and friends.
Phil Dragoo

Post by Phil Dragoo »

What a constant light, reserved, never the smoking lamp chimney, and will remain.Nothing that wasn't reasoned.Rocking on a bigger porch, watching.