JFK's Exhumation

JFK Assassination
Brian White

JFK's Exhumation

Post by Brian White »

I'm a new member to this forum and this is my first post. Congratulations to Wim Dankbaar for the best, most authoritative website on the assassination! "Files on JFK" is a fascinating book!
Just a little tidbit of information to throw out there- I don't know how many knew this already, but JFK (or his casket) was exhumed, in March of 1967, while Robert Kennedy was still alive.Ostensibly, this was done to move the casket about 20 feet away, to it's "permanent gravesite".All 3 newsmagazines reported on it. One of them said it was done "unannounced in advance and carried out in conditions of military secrecy". The thing that struck me the most about this is that this is the exact time frame that James Files remembers hearing Shackley say that
JFK was buried at sea. Could JFK have actually been buried in November
'63, then exhumed in March '67 on Robert Kennedy's orders for a second
autopsy and reburied at sea? Just a little speculation on my part.
The fact remains that something (an empty casket?) was exhumed in March,1967.
(References- "Time",3/24/67,pg 19-"Newsweek",3/27/67,pg 38-
"U.S. News & World Report",3/27/67,pg 12.)
Pennyworth

Hello Brian

Post by Pennyworth »

Pennyworth

Re: JFK's Exhumation

Post by Pennyworth »

Brian White wrote:I'm a new member to this forum and this is my first post. Congratulations to Wim Dankbaar for the best, most authoritative website on the assassination! "Files on JFK" is a fascinating book! Just a little tidbit of information to throw out there- I don't know how many knew this already, but JFK (or his casket) was exhumed, in March of 1967, while Robert Kennedy was still alive.Ostensibly, this was done to move the casket about 20 feet away, to it's "permanent gravesite".All 3 newsmagazines reported on it. One of them said it was done "unannounced in advance and carried out in conditions of military secrecy". The thing that struck me the most about this is that this is the exact time frame that James Files remembers hearing Shackley say that JFK was buried at sea. Could JFK have actually been buried in November'63, then exhumed in March '67 on Robert Kennedy's orders for a second autopsy and reburied at sea? Just a little speculation on my part. The fact remains that something (an empty casket?) was exhumed in March,1967. (References- "Time",3/24/67,pg 19-"Newsweek",3/27/67,pg 38-"U.S. News & World Report",3/27/67,pg 12.)

Hello again Brian ,

I don't know the answers to your inquiries as of yet,
I posted the above post here before I lost it.
William Robertson

JFK Buried at sea or cremated

Post by William Robertson »

Brian,

It is a fair bet that the grave at Arlington is empty. It is rumoured from reasonable sources that JFK was cremated shortly after the original autopsy; other people have stated that his body was dumped at sea along with the allegedly damaged casket that he was brought back from Dallas in.

Whatever the truth about the method of disposing of his body it seems a reasonable bet that the conspirators would not leave any evidence lying around in the ground.

In my view that is why anyone who starts legal proceedings to have JFK exhumed tends to meet a sticky end.

Alternatively, as with the Oswald exhumation, it could be found that water had 'accidentally' entered the casket. It reduced Oswald's body to an unrecognisable grey sludge within 3 years of his burial. His face was totally wrecked although his teeth could still be seen.
Brian White

Reply to Paul Pennyworth

Post by Brian White »

Thanks, Paul, but I'm not sure
what that link had to do with my
post?
Ricky Clow

Post by Ricky Clow »

Ya, I remember Jackie & Bobby being showed the body and neither of them thought it was Jack. I saw an article that suggested that it was Tippit in kennedy's grave. and that it was him in the autopsy pictures and his xrays. i'll try and find the link and post it here.

Ricky Clow
William Robertson

Tippit's boy ued for JFK autopsy photos

Post by William Robertson »

I think that it was Robert Morningstar who suggested that JD Tippit's body and face had been used to create the JFK autopsy photos and he developed some theories on the JFK-Research website I think. There are some links on this website somewhere.
R Croxford

re

Post by R Croxford »

I can believe that. JFK's body has a unremarkable resemblence to Tippit's. I also think that his body was used as a double. Remeber there two Kennedy'd according to hospital reports, So I believe it is plausible.
dankbaar

Post by dankbaar »

Please let's not waste energy on the theory that Tippit was killed to switch JFK's body for his.

Wim
Brian White

Post by Brian White »

Yes, Wim, that all sounds a
little far-fetched to me. I
was just trying to make the point
that there indeed was an exhumation
in 1967, at which time a second autopsy
could have been done. James Files says
it was late '66 or early '67 when Shackley
was talking about a sea burial-could he have
been referring to something that had only
recently taken place? (the exhumation was
in March '67, on a rather flimsy pretext, I
thought). Maybe Bobby wanted a real autopsy,
instead of the botched one done at Bethesda?