Bruce P. Brychek
Global Moderator, Senior Member

01.09.1776 - COMMON SENSE by Thomas Paine:

Post by Bruce P. Brychek »

Sunday
9:24 a.m.,
Chicago, Illinois time:

Dear JFK RFK MLK Forum Members and Readers:

01.09.1776 - Thomas Paine first published his 50 page pamphlet that would sell 500,000 copies w/in a few months.

COMMON SENSE called for a War of Independence that would become The American Revolution.

COMMON SENSE;
addressed to the
Inhabitants
of America

245 years later the benefits of COMMON SENSE certainly have not become common sense.

Is that an oxymoron ?

Computer Wiz's Help ! Phil, Slav, anybody...a link for COMMON SENSE.

Clearly never learning invaluable lessons from history...Why do "We the People..." allow this seemingly endlessly, in predictable circuitous patterns ?

As always, I strongly recommend that you first read, research, and study material completely yourself about a Subject Matter, and then formulate your own Opinions and Theories.

Any additional analyses, interviews, investigations, readings, research, studies, thoughts, or writings on any aspect of this Subject Matter ?

Bear in mind that we are trying to attract and educate a Whole New Generation of JFK Researchers who may not be as well versed as you.

Comments ?
Respectfully,
BB.
bspez

Re: 01.09.1776 - COMMON SENSE by Thomas Paine:

Post by bspez »

Here is the text of the entire original pamphlet and additional correspondence by Paine. The main theme seems to be that government is a necessary evil.

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Co ... frontcover
Bruce P. Brychek
Global Moderator, Senior Member

01.09.1776 - COMMON SENSE by Thomas Paine:

Post by Bruce P. Brychek »

Sunday
1:43 p.m.,
Chicago, Illinois time:

01.10.2021 - Bob Spez Posted the "...entire original pamphlet and additional correspondence by Paine..."

Bob Thank you for this, and all of your excellent contributions. I read them all. I seldom respond to anybody right now as we are trying to continue seeding, developing, informing, etc., and in hopes of encouraging anybody other than me responding ! Make sense ?

Bob - full disclosure my close friends call me old fashioned, a stuffed shirt, etc., because when possible I like to go back to the beginnings of subject matters that I am cross-evaluaing. But then THE WIZARD OF OZ is my favorite movie, and starting from the beginning...for me my yellow brick road is evaluating truths." So - sincere Thanks for the post.

Point: Bob as you have done for the many years that I have studied your material, for me here you nailed the totally bottom line analysis of government...some control system-tology -advancing - development of course being implied and/ or understood - hopefully, right ?

Conclusion: Government is a necessary evil - 1776 ?

As always, I strongly recommend that you first read, research, and study material completely yourself about a Subject Matter, and then formulate your own Opinions and Theories.

Any additional analyses, interviews, investigations, readings, research, studies, thoughts, or writings on any aspect of this Subject Matter ?

Bear in mind that we are trying to attract and educate a Whole New Generation of JFK Researchers who may not be as well versed as you.

Comments ?
Respectfully,
BB.
bspez

Re: 01.09.1776 - COMMON SENSE by Thomas Paine:

Post by bspez »

Thank you Bruce. Reading through Paine's pamphlet, he makes a distinction between society and government. He gives the example of a small society of people, where everyone works together for the common good. In such a society, government is not needed. But in time government is needed to adjudicate issues between people. When that government becomes established, then it must by it's nature take away some of the liberties in that society. People must follow rules and regulations imposed by the government, pay taxes, etc. Some people may consider this fair or unfair. So government becomes a necessary evil, then and now.