Marshall Caifano

JFK Assassination
Bob Jonas

Marshall Caifano

Post by Bob Jonas »

Has there been anything written on or about Marshall Caifano who was, by Joe Granata's account, part of the Nicoletti, Roselli, Files hit team? I get the feeling he may be a key "missing" piece to this puzzle, but I know so little about him. Thanx.
Bob

Re: Marshall Caifano

Post by Bob »

It's my belief that Marshall Caifano was most likely in Dallas that day, just like many (Sam Giancana, Chuck Nicoletti, James Files and Richard Cain) of his Chicago counterparts were. What his role was, I'm not sure. We know Files and Nicoletti were two of the shooters. There is a good chance that David Morales and Mac Wallace were in the Texas School Book Depository (based on the testimony of witness Arnold Rowland and the fingerprint of Wallace which was found there) and were shooters/spotters. Other possibilities include the participation of Charles Harrelson and "Milwaukee" Phil Alderisio. Files saw a lot of his CIA buddies in Dealey Plaza that day. Files saw Frank Sturgis, Orlando Bosch and also Ed Lansdale for instance. In addition, myself and others believe that Bosch was "walkie talkie man". Bosch's buddy Luis Posada Carriles could have been a shooter on the Records Building, as he was also in Dealey Plaza that day.Interesting story about Caifano the year after the assassination. He was convicted in 1964 of trying to extort $60,000 from Ray Ryan, an Indiana oil millionaire who testified against him. He had been out of prison for five years when, in 1977, Ryan was killed by a bomb attached to his car.
Bob Jonas

Post by Bob Jonas »

Is Marshall still alive?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Caifano died in 2003 at the age of 92.
Bob Jonas

Post by Bob Jonas »

I wonder if Marshall was the man Files spoke of in his 2003 interview when talking about the 2 he considered his closest friends ever (Nicoletti being the other). He wouldn't name the other guy as he was still alive and in his 90s. It HAD to be Caifano!!! Am I wrong here? Thoughts?
Bob

Post by Bob »

There's one problem, Bob. Marshall Caifano died on September 12, 2003, while the interview Wim and Jim Marrs did with Jimmy Files was on November 19, 2003. Now it's possible that Files didn't hear about Caifano's passing, but I tend to doubt it, especially if they were close.
Bob Jonas

Post by Bob Jonas »

Good point but my guess is Files didn't know yet just like he didn't know whether or not Eugene Marlow was still alive. I suspect that Marshall was probably not communicating with James on a regular basis at 90+ years of age, so it's very likely.
Bob

Post by Bob »

True, but I'm sure word got around Chicago after Caifano died. I mean he was a top lieutenant under Tony Accardo. I would think someone would have gotten the word to Jimmy. But you never know.
Slav

Post by Slav »

Bob wrote:Caifano died in 2003 at the age of 92.Why was he able to live out his life and not whacked like everyone else?
Bob Jonas

Post by Bob Jonas »

Slav wrote:Bob wrote:Caifano died in 2003 at the age of 92.Why was he able to live out his life and not whacked like everyone else?I suppose he kept a very low profile and flew under the radar regarding some of the things he was (allegedly) involved in. I wouldn't be surprised to find that he had a few close encounters similar to what James came up against in his life but somehow escaped death.